IC-Friendly BBQ Sauce Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC-Friendly BBQ Sauce Recipes

These are not my recipes, but recipes I've found on the internet. I've tried them all, sometimes I've combined a couple of recipes together. They're a nice substitute for the real thing.

BBQ Sauce 1

1 small can yams or sweet potatoes
    1 small can beets, drained
    1 can pears rinsed and drained
    1 cup pear juice
    3 roasted red peppers
    1/2 cup corn syrup
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp Allspice (if you can tolerate)
    1 large clove garlic crushed
    1/4 cup chopped onions (if can tolerate otherwise use 1 tsp chives or 1 tsp onion powder)
    1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
    Dash of liquid smoke (optional)

1. To make base for the nomato sauce, put yams, beets, pears, pear juice and red peppers in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
    2. In medium pot mix together the red pepper mix and the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on low approx. 30 min. Stir often.

BBQ Sauce 2

1 cup carrot juice
    ¼ cup blueberry juice
    1 minced garlic clove
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons wheat flour (I just used regular flour)
    Salt to taste

Melt the butter first. Then sauté the garlic over medium heat for 30 seconds until it becomes aromatic. Increase the flame to medium high and add the flour, stirring for one minute (it should clump up). Add the carrot juice, blueberry juice, and brown sugar and stir for one minute. The sauce should thicken to the consistency of BBQ sauce, if it has not stir until it does. Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool to room temperature.

BBQ Sauce 3

1 16 oz jar Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers
    3 tablespoons Sugar in the Raw (turbinado)
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    2 whole shallots
    4 garlic cloves
    2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
    2 tablespoons Kosher salt
    1 tablespoon black pepper

1. Drain the roasted red bell peppers in a colander, and rinse.
    2. Place drained peppers into food processor, add whole shallots, garlic cloves, brown sugar, turbinado sugar, and pulse.
    3. Slowly add maple syrup in as you pulse mixture until smooth.
    4. Pour the mixture into a saucepan, and cook on low heat until water evaporates about 30 minutes.

Makes approximately 10 ounces. You can pour the BBQ sauce back into the empty bell pepper jar for refrigerator storage.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Re: IC-Friendly BBQ Sauce Recipes

Cool! Thank you for sharing. Have you come across any substitutes for mayo by chance? I miss it so much
    Diagnosed via cysto/hydro 2/6/2015
    Symptoms: frequency, urgency. uretha discomfort, mild bladder pain (a raw sore type feeling.)
    CURRENT TREATMENTS:
    IC Diet (2/15) , Elmiron 100-300mg (3/15-5/16) insurance issues switched to PPS-DR (5/16-present) 2 150mg capsules daily (pentosan polysulfate sodium same formulation in Elmiron) DH Aloe 3-6 capsules daily (3/15), Schiff Digestive Advantage probiotics 1 pill daily (3/15), Amitriptyline 25mg- (5/15-8/16)attempting to wean down due to suspected weight gain side effect. Hydroxydine 25-50mg as needed at bedtime (5/15) Quercetin 2 pills daily to help immune system and body inflammation. Cystoprotek 4 capsules daily (8/15). Prelief as needed.
    USE DURING FLARES: Heating pad, ice packs for PFD, Vaginal Valium 10-20mg, Uribel, Pelvic floor stretches.
    PAST TREATMENTS: PFD physical therapy (6/15-10/15) & Counseling for stress mgt (9/15-12/15) both very helpful. GNC brand progesterone cream (not sure if this made a difference). Too many different diets and herbs to list.
    TRIGGERS: STRESS STRESS STRESS. BCP. Hormonal fluctuance (ovulation/period). Coffee, artificial preservatives and dyes.

Comment

Yes, I've come across IC-friendly recipes for mayo but I don't like mayo so I didn't save any mayo recipes.
      If you Google it, I'm sure you'll be able to find some to your liking.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

haha I think the first recipe is my recipe which I posted on this site also..lol Glad you liked it!
        Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
        Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
        Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
        CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
        Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
        Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
        Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
        Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
        Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
        Naproxen:for pain as needed
        Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
        Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
        Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
        Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Working...
        X