Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A IC-Friendly OVER THE COUNTER Salad Dressing! Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A IC-Friendly OVER THE COUNTER Salad Dressing! Finally!

I just found this dressing at Wegman's, and its IC Friendly: Jacob's Raw Cucumber Dressing. Cucumbers, sea salt, water and cultures - that's it!

So if you're sick of (or, like me, not good at) making your own salad dressings, and you don't like Ranch or "Cheesy" dressings, check it out.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 10-17-2016, 06:58 AM. Reason: Removed sales link/substituted product name

Re: A IC-Friendly OVER THE COUNTER Salad Dressing! Finally!

Nice and easy thanks.
    UTI 3/2015
    IC ,PFD
    prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Comment

Was it safe for you? Did you have a flare up? Where can I buy it?
      It has been hard not being able to have salad dressing hope this one works please let me know

Comment

That's fantastic! I am so used to making my own salad dressings, this would be a treat!
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
        IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
        Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Unfortunately, it looks like Wegman's is the only store where you can buy Jacob's Raw Cucumber Mint Dressing. Wegman's has locations in the mid-Atlantic and New England regions, in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Virginia. So, if you live elsewhere, you may be out of luck. You'd think they'd sell the dressings on the Jacob's website, but they don't which is a shame. If someone knows of places other than Wegman's that sells the dressing, it would be nice to share that info with folks here who are interested in purchasing it.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bladderella View Post
            Unfortunately, it looks like Wegman's is the only store where you can buy Jacob's Raw Cucumber Mint Dressing. Wegman's has locations in the mid-Atlantic and New England regions, in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Virginia. So, if you live elsewhere, you may be out of luck. You'd think they'd sell the dressings on the Jacob's website, but they don't which is a shame. If someone knows of places other than Wegman's that sells the dressing, it would be nice to share that info with folks here who are interested in purchasing it.
            https://shop.renaissance-farms.com/c...mber-mint.html

Link to Renaissance Farms. They sell Jacob's products.

Comment

The fermentation doesn't bother you? I'm quite tempted to pay the $11.79 to order from Renaissance.

Comment

Hi is there any other flavor than the cucumber that is ok to use?

Comment

The only Jacobs raw dressing I found in wegmans has the mint in it. Is that ok?

Comment

I have just been diagnosed with Ic , I have never even heard of this. What kind of salad dressing can I use that won’t hurt me

Comment

Hi Maggiegirl there are several recipes posted on this site here is the link. https://forum.ic-network.com/forum/t...ades-dressings Please let me know if I can be of assistance. As for bottled some IC sufferers are ok with Ranch dressing if you try it I would only try a little at time and see how you do otherwise the recipe posted here are all IC friendly.
                      Daughter your faith has made you well,go in peace, and be healed of your disease.(Mark 5:34)

Tried:
                      Detrol:only took one pill and it made me sick
                      Elmiron:caused horrible pain(took 1 week)
                      CystaQ:caused alot of burning and pain(only took one pill)
                      Wellbutrin:only on it for three days as it caused alot of bladder pain
                      Elavil:Took one pill and it caused a flare that lasted almost two weeks. It was the longest flare I've ever had. Never again..ouch
                      Prelief:made my bladder burn and feel tingly.

Take:
                      Uracyst:Started May 19 2011
                      Enablex:take one pill daily with no issues
                      Naproxen:for pain as needed
                      Baking Soda with water:as needed and it's a God send. It brings down my pain within 20 mins.
                      Venofer: Started April 2012 by IV for low Iron. I do not tolerate oral Iron so this is the route I had to take.Does not bother my bladder but did have other side effects. I take Benedryl with each treatment to avoid side effects.
                      Supplements:Whey Protein powder daily
                      Dessert Harvest Aloe It has been helping alot but I can only take it every two days as my "die off" reaction has been severe.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiegirl View Post
                        I have just been diagnosed with Ic , I have never even heard of this. What kind of salad dressing can I use that won’t hurt me
                        Hello,
                        I can tolerate about 2 Tablespoons of Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch on a salad. It has no preservatives or artificial ingredients. Hope it works for you! 🥗

Comment

Originally posted by lovelaw2 View Post

Hello,
                          I can tolerate about 2 Tablespoons of Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch on a salad. It has no preservatives or artificial ingredients. Hope it works for you! 🥗
                          to the IC Network. Thank you for sharing your success.

Donna
                          Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Originally posted by lovelaw2 View Post

Hello,
                            Marzetti Simply Dressed Ranch ingredients: CANOLA OIL. BUTTERMILK. FILTERED WATER, SALTED EGG YOLK, WHITE WINE VINEGAR, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, SUGAR, SEA SALT, GARLIC*, ONION*, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR. It's not just the preservatives and artificial ingredients in salad dressings that that can bother an IC bladder. It's the acidic ingredient that you also need to watch out for. Almost all condiments and salad dressings have some type of acid, i.e., lemon or vinegar, Knowing that many IC bladders are sensitive to acid... you need to proceed with caution. I used to mix Gerber's pear juice with a little olive oil and garlic powder and use that as my salad dressing. I knew for sure then that there were no preservatives, artificial ingredients, or acid to irritate my bladder.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

Working...
                            X