Prelief & Calcium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prelief & Calcium

Where I am from - Australia, we don't have Prelief available here. (Hopefully one day). I was quoted US$40 for postage to Australia for one bottle of Prelief - 300 tablets. Postage alone is ridiculously huge.

As Prelief contains Calcium & Magnesium, has anyone taken calcium & magnesium tablets other than Prelief and had success with them. If so what was the dosage.

Here in Australia I am able to purchase Calcium & Magnesium in one tablet and if someone has had some success with it I might try it also.

TIA

Here is a very interesting link from Drugs.Com that explains alot about calcium and other brands that are basically the same thing. The main ingredient in Prelief is Calcium Glycerophosphate with the other things as filler basically. If you are in apinch, just look for this main ingredient at any drugstore or over the counter vitamin and supplement store. All Calcium to some degree will help alkanize urine and calm stuff like that down. Making foods less acidic. Prelief is specifically designed for this problem but if you cannot get your hands on it, just get the lalternative.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 08-30-2005, 03:30 AM. Reason: Advertising site
    Medical Conditions:

Severe IC
    IBS
    Vulvadynia
    Fibromyalgia
    GERD
    Polycystic Ovarian Disease
    Hypothyroidism
    Hashimoto's
    Epstein Barr
    Insulin Resistence
    Gout
    Breast Cancer survivor
    Monthly Vertigo (near periods)

Current medications:

Elavil 50mg
    Neurontin 300mg-600mgs per day
    Librax (lifesaver) as needed
    Percocet (1) 325mg for rescue flares only (usually 2-3 per month)
    Hydroxyzine 25mg's
    Azo Cranberry 3 tablets per day
    Cipro as needed to keep UTI's at bay
    Xanax 1mg at night for sleep
    Levothyroxine 1.75 per day
    Prevacid 30mg's per day
    Zantac 150 mgs per day
    Mucinex 600mg's for Fibro
    Diflucan 150mg's after each period
    Goldenseal to keep UTI's at bay (it works)!
    Prelief as needed

Comment

Thank you. I will have a look at your link.

I went to my pharmacist and he had never heard of Glycerophosphate. I am wondering if it goes under any other name. He was going to make it up for me with calcium, but hit a brick wall.

Does anyone know if it goes by another name ?

Comment

Dear NSS:

Prelief is AkPharma's brand name for calcium glycerophosphate. It is used to take acid out of acidic foods or beverages. AkPharma holds the worldwide patent on this use of calcium glycerophosphate.

Each Prelief tablet contains 65 mg of elemental calcium; the tablets also contain 0.025% magnesium stearate as a processing aid.

Shipping costs to Australia and other countries are quite expensive, as we ship via UPS Worldwide Express (a 2-3 day service which has tracking capabilities).

You might want to try www.wholesalesupplementstore.com. They sell Prelief 300 tablets at a substantial discount and they ship internationally.

I this information is helpful.....

Betty Corson
        Customer Service
        [email protected]
        For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Dear NSS:

There is a Urology Support Group leader in New Zealand who orders Prelief (collectively) for some of her members (which saves postage costs).

Her name is Dot Milne and she is located in Christchurch, New Zealand. If you would like her telephone number, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Betty
          For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Does Prelief double as a daily calcium supplement?

Since I'm taking Prelief daily - two at each meal, do I still have to take a regular calcium supplement such as Calcium Carbonate or Citrate (to prevent bone loss)? Or will the Prelief suffice?

Comment

I take Calcium 600 mg two times a day.I also use Prelief when I'm not sure of the ingredients in a food,especially when eating out.

Comment

Prelief does not contain adequate calcium if you aren't getting lots from food. You really should discuss this with your doctor.

Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Dear nottoc4:

Each Prelief tablet contains only 65 mg of elemental calcium. However you should calculate the amount of calcium that you are getting from Prelief into the amount of calcium that you are trying to intake daily (follow your doctor's advice regarding his recommendation as to how much calcium you should be getting each day).

Betty Corson
                  Customer Service
                  1-800-994-4711
                  [email protected]

Comment

I am taking 600mg twice a day and 100 units of Vitamin D. I am unable to take meds like Fosamax and I have Osteopena. I guess any overage of Calcium gets voided as waste.

Comment

Re: Prelief & Calcium

Hi Im in NZ and would like to meet other people with IC. I also would like to know if anyone has a reliable website where I can buy Prelief?
                      'Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X