Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does nexium, prevcid, etc, cause ic flares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does nexium, prevcid, etc, cause ic flares?

im going to see my doctor for heartburn and stomach problems and i was wondering if anyone has any problem with nexium, prevcid or any antiacids? reason for asking is when i take tums or prelief malanta it seems like it bothers my bladder....i used to take prevcid before i had bladder problems for stomach and i know he is going to put me on something cause i need it..and one time i took Axid for my stomach and it give me urgencys to urinate....so has anyone had this problem? if so have you found something for heart burn that doesn't cause Ic symptoms? i could use some advice...thanks all.

I take omeprazole. It does not bother my bladder. But you are right, medication effects people in different ways. I would talk to your doctor about it.

If one medication bother you to much maybe you can try another one.

Hope the Best, Trishann

Comment

I have taken Nexium for a few years now and it does not bother my bladder.

Everyone is different.
      Meds I take:
      Elmiron, Elavil, Vagifem- for IC
      Albuterol, Flovent, Atrovent- for Asthma and lung problems
      Paxil, Clonazepam- for depression and Anxiety
      Atenolol- for rapid heart rate
      Nexium- for Gerd
      Levothyroxin- for Hypothyroidism
      Lasix, Pottasium- for edema
      Lipitor- for High Cholesterol
      I coated aspirin
      02 at bedtime

Comment

Hi,

Remembering that everyone is different, I will say that nexium types of heartburn meds sent me into an awful flare - worst ever. But many icers take those meds to help with their ic, so I guess you can give it a try. Tums never flares me, though.

Love,
        Hope

Comment

prevcid

I was scared to take a a heart burn med because they didnt agree with me but I have been taking prevcid now for about 3 weeks and it does not cause me any problems and it has helped my heart burn.....I cannot take nexium , axid, zantac. etc....

Comment

I have taken Prevacid in the past and I had no problems with it. I don't take anything for heartburn nowadays, because with the IC-Diet, I don't seem to get it as often as I used to.

I can never take Mylanta. It always makes me have to go, go, go !! I can take Pepto Bismol without any trouble, but Mylanta is a big no-no for me.

I hope that the doctor helps you find something to help you feel better without affecting your bladder
            "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillipians 4:13

Comment

I can take titralac chewables and can't take any of the other ones I think because they all have sodium in them but titralac is low sodium and white (no dyes)
              Dianne

My bellydance "sisters" , our dogs, and me.

Comment

Did Prevcid help anyones bladder or just didn't bother it while you were treating another condition?
                Dianne

My bellydance "sisters" , our dogs, and me.

Comment

Re: prevcid

Why couldnt u take nexium and zantac? Did it burn bladder?? It burns me too. I wonder if prevacid does not burn bladder?

Originally posted by sunshinegurl View Post
                  I was scared to take a a heart burn med because they didnt agree with me but I have been taking prevcid now for about 3 weeks and it does not cause me any problems and it has helped my heart burn.....I cannot take nexium , axid, zantac. etc....

Comment

Working...
                  X