prelief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prelief

Hi, I just started prelief, I have noticed a great improvement, I was actually able to drink the baby organic pear juice without pain! I am not brave enough to try any other kind of juice, as my doctor wants me to stick to the IC diet, but to be able to have a little bit of pear juice without pain was great for me!
    Lisa
    Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
    Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

:woohoo:
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

hi.

i have some baby pear juice that you dilute.
      is it thought to be a high risk food then? because i thought it was ok?
      confused... x
      Love Lauren xx

Diagnosed with IC in January 2008. Taking no meds (unbelievably) - apart from the occasional water with baking soda. Controlling flares with the IC diet and so far doing very well

Comment

Hi, I tried the regular baby pear juice and that bothered me, I was able to find baby organic pear juice, so I tried one, I think its like 4 ounces, but I took 2 prelief first and I was ok. Now you may be able to have pear juice and do fine, I can't have pears, so the regular pear juice bothers me to. But this was only 4 ounces, and I drank some water after it also. Its going to be trial and error for a while until you see what you can tolerate. I hope you do ok with the baby pear juice! Alot of IC'ers can have the pear juice with no problems.
        Lisa
        Current meds:Elavil, Lortab as needed, Vivelle dot hormone patch 0.1mg, estrace cream, lidocaine ointment, pepcid
        Diagnosis: IC in 1999 , IBS, Pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, vestibulitis, chronic low back pain, scoliosis, hunners ulcers on bladder, hysterectomy 2/08, fibro 3/08, sciataca

Comment

Lauren...This is taken directly from the Diet information page which you can find the link for at the top of this page.

#4 - FRUIT JUICES - Fruit juices, particularly cranberry, orange, lemon and tomato juices, are very acidic because each glass carries the acid of not just one piece of fruit, but many that have been squeezed to make that juice. Juices are notorious for triggering an IC flare. We suggest that you try pear or apple juice, preferably a "baby" version. Why?? Baby juices use much less acid and are easier for an IC bladder to tolerate.
          Like Lisa said...

Its going to be trial and error for a while until you see what you can tolerate.
          That is one of the most frustrating thing about IC. Not everyone can tolerate the same things. The only way to find out if something bothers your bladder is through personal experience.

What I suggest you do is to go ahead and dilute the juice with "safe for you" water and drink about a 1/4 of a cup the first time. Do not add anything else to your diet that is new. Then wait to see if your symptoms increase. If they do not...continue this amount for 2 more days to make sure it really is not increasing symptoms. You can then continue on with larger amounts until you are convinced that it is not increasing symptoms.

Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

prelief and added calcium

If i take prelief can i still take a cal magnesium supplement for my bones and if so which one do any of you take? thanks Tura
            IC ulcerative proctitus lower back pain uterine fibroid allergies

A friend is a person who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about. Helen Frankenthaler

Comment

that is great to hear lisa.. yay

Tura.. i take vitamin shoppe brand.. calcium with magnesium and vitamin D.. that is exactly what it says on the bottle.. these are two different types of calcium, so if I am correct you can take both..
              Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Is Calcium citrate bladder safe?

Is the calcium citrate bladder safe? Citrate sounds citrisy.
                IC ulcerative proctitus lower back pain uterine fibroid allergies

A friend is a person who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. Go against the rules or ignore the rules. That is what invention is about. Helen Frankenthaler

Comment

I just wanted to add that the baby juices are diluted to a great extent with water. I would think that would be one of the reasons that they are less acidic.

Comment

Working...
                  X