Lexapro and IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexapro and IC

I can't seem to find this info on the web so hopefully someone here will know. I take Lexapro for depression which will make you urinate more frequently (found that on a Lexapro forum website). I never had a problem with IC until after I started taking it. I've tried sooo many Antidepressants to no avail. this on works great. Does anyone know if there is a correlation between Lexapro and IC.?

I was on Lexapro when my IC started. Whether it had anything to do with it, I don't know.
    Anne

Comment

There is a link between IC and anxiety, which can go hand in hand with depression for some people. Of course there's a direct correlation between serotonin and depression. Since we have receptor sites for serotonin in our body everywhere, with many of them being in the digestive tract, there might a connection there. So, might not be the meds as much as the serotonin which the meds target. I'm actually doing some research on that now, because some of my other issues deal with life long anxiety (now managed), gastro issues (digestion related problems) and now IC. I thought it was very interesting that serotonin is involved in all!
      Karen

Comment

hey there

I found it was great for my depression but it didn't do anything either way with my bladder...
        I had switched just because i lost motivation and it made my head feel heavy...
        Those are the only reasons why i switched from lexapro to effexor.....
        So maybe it was just one of those things but who knows IC is a very individualistic disease....everyone is different and every med effects us differently....
        well i hope you have better bladder days from here on out...
        take great care
        hugs
        Have dealt with chronic pain and gerd/ibs since '98 endometriosis, vulvodynia diagnosed 2000, ic diagnosed around 2004, chronic epstein barr-like virus 2011
        Hysterectomy/oophorectomy 2014 endo had destroyed everything
        Now dealing with recurrence and menopause in late 30s
        Other things--migraines, chronic hives, eczema, raynauds, congenital scoliosis, broke 3 vertebrae in middle of back when i was 16, heart defect (ventrical septal defect)

Comment

I am taking Lexapro and my anxiety level has gone way down. It hasn't bothered my bladder at all.
          Work like you don't need money,

Love like you've never been hurt,

and dance like no one is watching

Comment

Working...
          X