Prelief increasing frequency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prelief increasing frequency?

I've been trying Prelief for the last week. Yesterday I had frequency like I haven't had in years, from afternoon throughout the night. I can't think of anything else in my diet or drugs which has changed which can explain this, and I'm not one to get flares. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to try to stay on Prelief for at least 10 days to see if it helps, but if this keeps up, I won't be able to do so.

I'm taking 3 tablets with each meal, and two with snacks, for about 11 to 13 tablets a day.

Ruth
    IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Hi Ruth:

Although Prelief did not work for me, I know there are others it seems to do wonders for. One of the things I noticed when I took it was that I would try to eat foods that were actually triggers, but I would discount them because I was taking Prelief. As it turned out, I cannot tolerate tomatoes AT ALL and my bladder will not tolerate fruits of ANY KIND, except blueberries and canned pears. I could have taken a bottle of Prelief and it would make no difference with my trigger foods. So, I learned my lesson and don't push the limits of my bladder as it will always win out over my desire for forbidden foods and drinks.

There is also a chance that your body is reacting to other triggers, like medications (antibiotics are notorious for triggering flares) or stress. No amount of Prelief will help these types of triggers, so maybe considering these and other non-diet related things could help.

Hope you feel better soon.>Tina
    What you are is God's gift to you...What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Comment

Dear Ruth:

I cannot explain the problem you seem to be experiencing. I suggest that you temporarily discontinue Prelief and see if your symptoms disappear.

It might help if we knew of any other medications or supplements (such as calcium) that you are taking.

Please feel free to contact me direct at 1-800-994-4711 or [email protected]

Betty
      For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I have not changed my diet or my medications (I'm on about 12 prescription medications plus a handful of supplements -- welcome to my world), so I do not believe that they are responsible for the increased frequency. As I am one of those IC patients who doesn't get flares (it's just uniformly bad and changes extremely slowly over time), I can't write it off to a random flare either.
        IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Comment

I have just started taking prelief today and will let you all know how it is working for me.
          Thanks,
          Peealot wink
          A Christian Surviving IC,
          Kristi

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." Cor: 13:13

Comment

Well, I have been trying the Prelief for a few days now and it does help a little. I am in a flare right now so it is really hard to tell just how much it may help.

Kristi
            A Christian Surviving IC,
            Kristi

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." Cor: 13:13

Comment

Working...
            X