Confused about Prelief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Prelief

I know Prelief helps with acidic foods. Does it also help with foods that are high-oxalate? If not, is there a product that does? My diet is already IBS-restricted. I am very reluctant to restrict it further.

That seems to be an unknown since there were no responses. I would guess the answer to be no since they are entirely different things.

Comment

Fraidycat,
      If you post your question on the Prelief board, Betty from the makers of Prelief might be able to answer your question. Just a thought.

Good luck!
      Melanie
      "The sun shines not on us, but in us." John Muir

Living a happy life in spite of IC! http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/melanie.html

Comment

Dear Fraidycat:

If you are asking about high oxalate foods due to vulvodynia, I have heard from a few Prelief users (who have vulvodynia) and who have found Prelief to be of some help. I can only suggest that you try it.

If you would like to talk with me direct, please do not hesitate to call me toll-free at 1-800-994-4711 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Betty Corson
        For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

What I read on Prelief is with the lowering of acidity it also helps with IBS cause I have it. Not sure what oxalates is? But know they said that acidity aggravated IBS.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Carol~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." --Helen Keller

Comment

I looked up oxalates and came up with oxalecetic acids, so maybe it would help. What foods are high in oxalates, is salt?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Carol~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." --Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Carol:

Symptoms of IBS are likely to be exacerbated by acidic foods (and Prelief takes the acid out of acidic foods and beverages).

Regarding oxalates; I am not an expert in the field of oxalates, but according to Clive C Solomons, PhD (Research Director, Scientific Connections, Denver, Colorado), oxalate is an irritating material which has long been known to cause pain. It is produced by several tissues in the human body during normal metabolism; it can be produced by microscopic organisms; and it can enter the body through digestion of foods containing oxalate. Oxalate is commonly found in foods of plant origin (e.g. spinach, beets, wheat bran, peanuts, chocolate, and tea).
              Dr Solomons also mentions that inflamed areas of the intestines of people with IBS and Chrohn's disease contribute to excessive oxalate absorption into the body.

Betty
              For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Working...
              X