pyridium, the purple pill !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pyridium, the purple pill !!

Has any one else had a bad reaction from AZO,or Pyridium?

I have taken it off and on for almost fifteen years and no problem...Till last night, when I felt a flare coming on...took One pill and BOY oh BOY after about twenty ,minutes my stomach in the bladder area extended out,,also very painful and tight I might add, nausia,urgency of bladder and bowl and a slight low grade fever....
    As long as my urine was orange this continued...then when the urine was normal color after it wore off. I was find...

Let me know of your reactions.

Joyce

You might have had a reaction to the dye used in the medication. I really don't like using AZO or pyridium, although I know it helps for some people. For me, the dye sometimes causes more burning and I have felt kind of sick if I took it on an empty stomach.

My doctor prescribes Urised for me. It turns your urine blue-green but I prefer it to the pryridium because I don't have those side effects.
    Namaste

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The most important medicine is tender love and care" - Mother Teresa

Proud mother of Ahleia, born on April 9, 2007

-----------------------
    Diagnosed with:
    IC, OAB, Congenital urethral stricture, IBS, Vulvar vestibulitis, Heart murmur, Congenital cervical stenosis...but otherwise doing great!

Meds:
    Currently in remission, but took the following for 3 years: Elmiron 200 mg., Elavil 25 mg., Detrol LA 4mg, Ovcon-35

Health treatments/practices:
    Kripalu yoga, Chiropractic, Massage therapy and Reiki

Comment

Working...
    X