Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prelief: Safe to take everyday?

Hi friends:

I've been taking prelief now for about 2 months, and I'm wondering is it safe to take everyday?

I take about 4 a day?

I just want to make sure it's safe to take for extended periods of time.

What exactly are the ingredients in Prelief and how safe is it?

thanks much

I also take it daily. All it does is neutralize the acid in food --- it should be safe.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Dear bunni29:

Prelief is a dietary supplement (calcium glycerophosphate) that neutralizes the acid in acidic foods and beverages. Prelief works on the food; it is not a drug.

Each Prelief tablet supplies 6%(65mg) of the USRDA for calcium and 5%(50mg)of the USRDA for phosphorus. The tablets also contain 0.025% magnesium stearate which is used as a processing aid in the pill machine.

Adverse reactions: None known
      Toxicity: None Known
      There are no use limitations unless you have been advised by your doctor not to take calcium, phosphorus, or glycerin/glycerol.

We recommend taking 2 tablets with each meal, snack and beverage. Because tolerance to food varies greatly as does the acid content of food you may find that you need to use more tablets than the recommended amount. Use as often as needed; upper limit is in excess of 30 tablets per day.

I hope this is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-994-4711 or [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Betty Corson
      For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

I seem to get gassy after using Prelief. Does this happen to anyone else?

Comment

Sometimes it helps me alot, sometimes it seems to make my bladder worse. I do use it whenever I think a food will be acidic though.

V.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Dear bunni29:
            Prelief is a dietary supplement (calcium glycerophosphate) that neutralizes the acid in acidic foods and beverages. Prelief works on the food; it is not a drug.

Each Prelief tablet supplies 6%(65mg) of the USRDA for calcium and 5%(50mg)of the USRDA for phosphorus. The tablets also contain 0.025% magnesium stearate which is used as a processing aid in the pill machine.

Adverse reactions: None known
            Toxicity: None Known
            There are no use limitations unless you have been advised by your doctor not to take calcium, phosphorus, or glycerin/glycerol.

We recommend taking 2 tablets with each meal, snack and beverage. Because tolerance to food varies greatly as does the acid content of food you may find that you need to use more tablets than the recommended amount. Use as often as needed; upper limit is in excess of 30 tablets per day.

I hope this is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-994-4711 or [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Betty Corson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Dear buana1:

I cannot explain why you seem to be getting gas after using Prelief; I have not heard this previously. Occasionally someone complains of constipation and I do know that calcium can be constipating to some people.

Betty Corson
              [email protected]
              1-800-994-4711

Comment

I take Prelief before a cup of caffeine free coffee or caffeine free coke and before I eat anything. I may take 6 or so a day. The only side effect, I think, is loose bowels, almost like irritable bowell symptoms. When I have to go, I have to go!! Maybe this is just from the IC, but I still have a lot of faith in Prelief.

Comment

I take it with all my meals as well. I get totally constipated from it, however, so I wish there was something to do to counteract this.

Gabi

Comment

Dear baker16:

As I mentioned previously, calcium does have a constipatory effect on some people.

As far as loose bowels, I do not not what to tell you other than the fact that you are possibly taking in more of certain foods that you might not have before Prelief, so what you are eating is also suspect.

Hope this is helful....

Betty
                    [email protected]
                    1-800-994-4711

Comment

Question, Have any of you just used the Prelief instead of Elmiron?
                      I have these terrible headaches from the Elmiron and I cut back on them and I was Ok for a while than boom! They were back! My whole scalp is so sensitive now! I can't even put anything in my hair, like when I want to wear it up or pull it back into a ponytail..Years ago I use to get want they call Cluster Headaches and I was in such misery..The mediciene I took for it was called spacetabs! I don't even know if they still have this medication yet on the market!
                      After several years they finally had gone away!
                      SADSASSY [img]confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Dear Sassy:

Elmiron and Prelief are different. While Elmiron may augment the bladder lining (a gradual process which may take 3 to 6 months), Prelief neutralizes acidic foods and helps keep you comfortable in the meantime.

Elmiron does have a toll-free number 1-888-ELMIRON (1-888-356-4766) if you are having any problems.

Betty Corson
                        [email protected]
                        1-800-994-4711

Comment

I read that too much magnesium can cause diarrhea. Something to look into. Cyn

Comment

Dear Cyn:

Just want you to know that Prelief tablets contain
                            less than 1 mg (0.025%,.09 mg)of magnesium stearate as a processing aid.

Betty Corson
                            [email protected]
                            1-800-994-4711

Comment

FYI: The ingrediants in Preleif ( calcium glyceroophosphate, magnesium sterate ) are also key ingrediants that are used in other acid reducers - both over-the-counter and presciption strength. I have ulcers and take a prescription acid reducer daily - I was warned by my GI NOT to take the preleif often ( if I was going to do it anyway against his advice [img]smile.gif[/img] ) as too much reduction of acid in stomache can cause other medical problems. My pharmacist said that if I was taking my prescription acid reducer ( Nexium) there was no need for me to be taking anything else. Best bet - always check with a doctor first before taking anything new.

Comment

Working...
                              X