X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty Corson
    replied
    Dear baker16:

As I mentioned previously, calcium does have a constipatory effect on some people.

As far as loose bowels, I do not not what to tell you other than the fact that you are possibly taking in more of certain foods that you might not have before Prelief, so what you are eating is also suspect.

Hope this is helful....

Betty
    [email protected]
    1-800-994-4711

Leave a comment:

• Gabi
    replied
    I take it with all my meals as well. I get totally constipated from it, however, so I wish there was something to do to counteract this.

Gabi

Leave a comment:

• baker16
    replied
    I take Prelief before a cup of caffeine free coffee or caffeine free coke and before I eat anything. I may take 6 or so a day. The only side effect, I think, is loose bowels, almost like irritable bowell symptoms. When I have to go, I have to go!! Maybe this is just from the IC, but I still have a lot of faith in Prelief.

Leave a comment:

• Betty Corson
    replied
    Dear buana1:

I cannot explain why you seem to be getting gas after using Prelief; I have not heard this previously. Occasionally someone complains of constipation and I do know that calcium can be constipating to some people.

Betty Corson
    [email protected]
    1-800-994-4711

Leave a comment:

• Betty Corson
    replied
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear bunni29:
    Prelief is a dietary supplement (calcium glycerophosphate) that neutralizes the acid in acidic foods and beverages. Prelief works on the food; it is not a drug.

Each Prelief tablet supplies 6%(65mg) of the USRDA for calcium and 5%(50mg)of the USRDA for phosphorus. The tablets also contain 0.025% magnesium stearate which is used as a processing aid in the pill machine.

Adverse reactions: None known
    Toxicity: None Known
    There are no use limitations unless you have been advised by your doctor not to take calcium, phosphorus, or glycerin/glycerol.

We recommend taking 2 tablets with each meal, snack and beverage. Because tolerance to food varies greatly as does the acid content of food you may find that you need to use more tablets than the recommended amount. Use as often as needed; upper limit is in excess of 30 tablets per day.

I hope this is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-994-4711 or [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Betty Corson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leave a comment:

• Veronica
    replied
    Sometimes it helps me alot, sometimes it seems to make my bladder worse. I do use it whenever I think a food will be acidic though.

V.

Leave a comment:

• buana1
    replied
    I seem to get gassy after using Prelief. Does this happen to anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• Betty Corson
    replied
    Dear bunni29:

Prelief is a dietary supplement (calcium glycerophosphate) that neutralizes the acid in acidic foods and beverages. Prelief works on the food; it is not a drug.

Each Prelief tablet supplies 6%(65mg) of the USRDA for calcium and 5%(50mg)of the USRDA for phosphorus. The tablets also contain 0.025% magnesium stearate which is used as a processing aid in the pill machine.

Adverse reactions: None known
    Toxicity: None Known
    There are no use limitations unless you have been advised by your doctor not to take calcium, phosphorus, or glycerin/glycerol.

We recommend taking 2 tablets with each meal, snack and beverage. Because tolerance to food varies greatly as does the acid content of food you may find that you need to use more tablets than the recommended amount. Use as often as needed; upper limit is in excess of 30 tablets per day.

I hope this is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-994-4711 or [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Betty Corson

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I also take it daily. All it does is neutralize the acid in food --- it should be safe.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• bunni29
    started a topic Prelief: Safe to take everyday?

Prelief: Safe to take everyday?

Hi friends:

I've been taking prelief now for about 2 months, and I'm wondering is it safe to take everyday?

I take about 4 a day?

I just want to make sure it's safe to take for extended periods of time.

What exactly are the ingredients in Prelief and how safe is it?

thanks much
Working...
X