Prelief and Tums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prelief and Tums

Hi - I'm from the UK. We can't get Prelief over here but can get Tums. Trouble is that the only Tums available are fruit flavoured. Is this OK? Just worrying about the fruit and IC diet issue. Thanks to you all for your support on this forum. You are great.

I never thought about the fruit flavoring in tums and I use them from time to time. I would guess that the flavoring wouldn't be likely to cause a flare; it never has seemed to make me worse, but I don't know. Anyone ever have trouble with fruit flavored Tums?

Comment

Funny you should ask... I called the company who makes tums a while back and asked why they put citric acid in something that's supposed to counteract acid. Well, there was a big pregnant pause while the woman on the other end of the phone processed this question in her own mind and then said "Good Question!" She spoke to someone else about it and came back and said there was a very minute amount of citric acid and that it probably wasn't enough to bother anyone.

Anyway, I have been taking fruit-flavored Tums with no problem, altho I couldn't guarantee it for anyone else. You could try just one and see how it goes...
      Kat

Comment

Dear Jaycee:

Prelief is not available in the UK, but many IC patients from the UK order Prelief direct over the Internet at www.prelief.com.

Prelief is a 'food friendly' product. The granulate (or crushed pills) will dissolve easily and completely in foods in the plate, cup, or glass (spaghetti sauce, coffee or orange juice, for example) while other antacids, Tums, for example, will not dissolve at all in foods within any reasonable time. And they will give the food their flavoring, while Prelief has no taste.

If you have any questions or need information about ordering direct, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

Betty Corson
        For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Working...
        X