Finding out pH of food/drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding out pH of food/drink

I've had good success with using Prelief with decaffinated sodas, but can't tell the difference using Prelief with other foods/drinks. Does anyone know a way to find out the pH of food/drink, and if that is a good predictor of Prelief success? I'd like to think that I have a point on the pH scale where acid causes a problem, and if I use Prelief for those items, I could use it most effectively. I already avoid several foods which cause clear problems, and I'm not trying to expand my diet by using Prelief.
    IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Oh, about a month ago someone gave a big list of PH's for foods. Maybe someone else will remember what board it was on...
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

These two links may help you understand the Ph values of both liquids and foods. I found them while doing research on both on the web and found them very useful and hope you do, also.
      http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/phdiagram.html
      http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/app3a.html
      Arizonian

Comment

You can get pH "dip sticks" at GNC type health food stores here in California, there's probably something like that in your area as well. Possibly order online?

ps, My wife will sometimes just crush prelief right into the drink and watch it fizzle away, and keep dropping prelief into the drink until the fizzling stops.
        "I've got ways of making you feel comfortable that haven't been invented yet!"

Comment

Dear rjyoon:

I suggest that you go on to Prelief's website at www.prelief.com to get a broad array of foods plus Prelief.

You can also go to www.cfsan.fda.gov/~comm/lacf-phs.html for a comprehensive list of the Approximate pH of Foods and Food Products.

Betty Corson
          [email protected]
          1-800-994-4711
          For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

Keep in mind though, it is not the pH of the actual food as it is in its natural state. Its the pH of the food AFTER it is metabolized. I have a very good chart, unfortunatly I dont know where I can find it to reference it for you. I will look into it. If I cant find it, if you give me your address I will snail-mail you a hard copy.

Rachel
            @[email protected]
            "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

I found PH test strips at Phion.com
              They are great because you can check saliva, water, urine, beverages, etc. Check your saliva 2 hours after you have eaten. Or check your urine first thing in the morning for the most acurate testing. Urine tends to test more acidic than saliva. I checked my well water and found it to be more alkaline than the reverse osmosis water I had been buying. So I stopped buying it!!

Comment

Hi Cobie thanks for the web site wondering where I could find some way of testing the pH, thanks a bunch Iris hi hat
                Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X