Working well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working well

Just wanted to share my sucess with this product. I have been using it for 1 week with any suspect foods. Depending on the food I take between 2 and 4.

I have had brown sauce!! (yay)
    onion
    a packaged pasta sauce with white wine in it
    a little bit of chocolate.

And, I fee fantastic, no frequency slight urgency and barely any bladder pain for 4 days not going to push it though.

I started cystoprotek at the same time, so hoping this feeling lasts.

Claire
    TMJ Dysfunction 2009
    Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
    IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
    PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
    Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
    Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
    Endep 25mg - 4months
    Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
    Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
    Countless creams, lotions and potions.
    Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
    PT - for 1 year
    Various herbs and supplements

Nice to hear that the prelief is working well for you. I still use it but to be honest I don't really know if it works on me because I started using it as soon as I came down with bladder symptoms so I'm not sure what the effect would have been if I had not used it. I had never tried any of the foods on the caution list without the prelief.

Comment

Hot water bottles

Do the hot bottles of water actually help? If so, how?

Comment

Yeah the help heaps. It just relaxes everything and also acts as a destraciton from the pain.
        TMJ Dysfunction 2009
        PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Endep 25mg - 4months
        PT - for 1 year

Comment

Yeah the help heaps. It just relaxes everything and also acts as a destraciton from the pain

My sentiments exactly, I have them in every room, car, sleep with one, mine make my life more bearable.

Not too sure exactly which part of it helps the most, I suspect a combo of all. For me mine is soathing on my bladder and lower back, relaxes muscles, easies spasam's, especially helpful on long car rides, my bladder really dose not like the vibration. Also I think if nothing else it distracts my mind some.

I regularly use an electric heating pad, but I bought a pad you heat up in the microwave from the IC store, it is for the pelvic and is v shapped, I quite like this as it is heavy and adds a bit of even pressure over the bladder, when using a light heating pad, place a pillow over it so it hold the heating pad against me, (you are not suppose to lie on a heating pad).

Recently someone gave me a small heart shaped gel heating thing, I think came from a sex shop, I have not tried it yet, but you snap a metal disc in it and it heats up instantly, down side is you have to biol it to reset it for next use. Anyways it is small and I figure I can tuck it into my underwear, when I need the heat and want to be discreate, as I said I have not tried it yet, so we will see, It would mean I actually would have to wear a pair of underwear to try it.

On a side note I have noticed lately that planes I have been on have plug ins under the seats, so next long flight I am taking my heating pad and requesting a seat with a plug in, long flights are bothersome for me too. I know you can get the stick on heat things but they don't sooth me as well.

MG
          My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Be careful

Recently someone gave me a small heart shaped gel heating thing, I think came from a sex shop, I have not tried it yet, but you snap a metal disc in it and it heats up instantly, down side is you have to biol it to reset it for next use. Anyways it is small and I figure I can tuck it into my underwear, when I need the heat and want to be discrete, as I said I have not tried it yet, so we will see, It would mean I actually would have to wear a pair of underwear to try it.

used to sit on these to help my pelvic floor pain and they worked well until one burst! I ended up in emergancy and had burned all the skin off my labia and inside a bit too from the chemical....it hurt so much! Imagine the embarrassment when I had to tell my male boss what happened and that I had to leave work! The shame!!

DON'T SIT ON THEM - I took a week to heal.
            TMJ Dysfunction 2009
            PCOS March 2012

Endep 25mg - 4months
            PT - for 1 year

Comment

Working...
            X