Pills crumbling apart and breaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pills crumbling apart and breaking?

I bought a small (60 pills) bottle of Prelief from xxx to use when eating out with risky foods.

The problem-- the pills are not coated, and they crumble/break apart very easily. The bottom of the bottom is lots of powder that broke away from the pills.

Can this be avoided? Why is this happening? Thnx
    Last edited by SharonA; 06-22-2012, 06:51 AM. Reason: removed e mail address advertising which is not allowed on the IC Network

I really don't have an answer for you, but am wondering about something. I have never bought Prelief online except from the ICN Shop from which I ordered a large bottle. I did not notice breakage or a lot of powder in the bottom. I usually buy Prelief from pharmacies and I also don't notice breakage or large amounts of powder. I wonder if you have found lots of powder in your orders if it has anything to do with the way it is packaged to be mailed to you?

Hint: The powder can be used in hot liquids. Just add it and it dissolves.
    Last edited by SharonA; 06-22-2012, 06:53 AM. Reason: seems I have forgotten how to spell
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I don't recall any of mine ever breaking apart into powder. Like SharonA said though you can just add the powder to a warm liquid and use it that way.

Comment

I don't have any problems either....but I buy through a pharmacy also.
        Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
        8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
        8/2010 Surg gallbladder
        TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
        IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
        Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
        Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
        Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
        *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
        Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
        PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

Dear sunshine99:

Our apologies for the problem you experienced with Prelief tablets. Occasionally a run of tablets are slightly softer and more prone to breakage, particularly if they get 'bounced around' during shipping or stocking. Please contact me direct with the Exp/Lot number on the bottle. ([email protected]/1-800-994-4711)

(Prelief tablets and Prelief powder are the same formulation. Prelief powder dissolves rapidly in food or non-alcoholic beverages. Tablets are recommended for taking with alcoholic beverages and soda.)

Betty Corson
          Customer Service
          AkPharma Inc
          For additional information on Prelief, please call 1-800-994-4711. AkPharma is a proud sponsor of the IC Network Message Board.

Comment

I just **love** fantastic customer service!!!! Thank you Betty!!!!!
            Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
            IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
            IC Diet Website
            For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
            Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
            Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
            IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
            X