Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any intestinal issues after taking prelief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any intestinal issues after taking prelief?

I would love to be able to take prelief anytime I try a risky food, but I have noticed that without fail, several hours after taking prelief I have horrible intestinal cramps. I do not suffer from IBS nor have I ever experienced anything like what happens after I take prelief. I know they add magnesium to counteract the constipation that prelief causes. I think the magnesium might be to blame for my intestinal issues with prelief. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Symptoms started very suddenly on the afternoon of June 26, 2012.

Constant frequency with some urgency and pressure at times. I also started having a weird shooting pain down the inside of my leg near my groin which I'm guessing is related to IC.

Currently taking:

Nortriptyline 20 mg 1x/day at bedtime
    Just started Elmiron 100 mg 3x/day on Nov. 12, 2012

I'm following a ridiculously strict diet and I am doing much better than I was this past summer when all of this started. It's amazing to look back at what a horrible, dark place I was in only 6 months ago when my IC started and where I am now. I'm so thankful to be slowly getting my life back!

It's almost impossible at times, but I'm trying to stay positive!

I haven't taken it much, only a couple times, but I did take some with dinner last night and I noticed this morning that I was bloated and had a little gas pain. I also had a rough night one night last week and I can't remember if that was a prelief night or not. I'll have to check my food diary. I thought it was just because of all of the veggies I've been eating lately (gotta eat something, ya know?) but now I'm wondering otherwise...
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
    25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
    culturelle in the morning
    SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
    zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
    Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
    uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
    No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Comment

I have been using Prelief for 5 years and have no problems with it.

Comment

Working...
      X