• Show
Clear All
    traveller
    ICN Member

• traveller
    replied
    Originally posted by carole View Post
    Hi,

I just found out today when I went for my instill that it is no longer available. I'm crying as I write this because Uracyst is the only thing that has helped me. I am horrified I will not find something else. My doctor suggested DMSO but I will have to research more to see if this is an alternative. I just don't know what I will do.
    Yes, I felt utterly defeated when I found out Uracyst was no longer being produced. It was working well for me, after I had to stop taking elmiron last year. But then I tried cbd oil about one month ago and much to my surprise it's working almost as well as elmiron and is more effective than Uracyst at reducing pain. Perhaps trying cbd oil may be something to discuss with your doctors? Good luck and hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You might want to consider rescue instillations --- they usually contain a water solution plus an analgesic (such as lidocaine or marcaine) --- other ingredients can vary. Some ICers do them at home.

DMSO isn't being used as much any more. I had them years ago and, while I do think that over time they helped, I had them monthly and planned on several days of pain after each one.

I hope you are able to find something that will give you some relief.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• carole
    Support Volunteer

• carole
    replied
    Hi,

I just found out today when I went for my instill that it is no longer available. I'm crying as I write this because Uracyst is the only thing that has helped me. I am horrified I will not find something else. My doctor suggested DMSO but I will have to research more to see if this is an alternative. I just don't know what I will do.

Leave a comment:

• traveller
    ICN Member

• traveller
    started a topic Uracyst no longer available?

Uracyst no longer available?

Hello. My pharmacist informed me that Uracyst is no longer available. I called Aralez, the company that distributes it in Canada and was informed that it's no longer available globally. The person said he didn't know why. Just wondering if anyone knows about this and if we have any alternatives in Canada? I've checked for news and cannot find anything. Thanks
Working...
X