Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antipcholingeric meds in bladder or vagina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antipcholingeric meds in bladder or vagina?

Went to the URO yesterday to review second urodynamic test. It was again, abnormal with pressure in my bladder rising at the end of the test to 54. The pressure was sustained for over 5 minutes. My URO states my bladder is "acting" like it is neurogenic, but my MRI's came back OK. Is it possible my bladder could still be neurogenic? Do people with overactive, neurogenic bladders ever have medications introduced into their bladders, instead of by mouth? For example anticholinergic medications? Or vaginal suppositories with something like Elavil?
    Diagnosed with IC in May 2011

Current Medications:
    Elmiron 400 mg daily
    Imipramine 75 mg daily

Anticholingeric meds in the bladder or vagina?

Went to the URO yesterday to review second urodynamic test. It was again, abnormal with pressure in my bladder rising at the end of the test to 54. The pressure was sustained for over 5 minutes. My URO states my bladder is "acting" like it is neurogenic, but my MRI's came back OK. Is it possible my bladder could still be neurogenic? Do people with overactive, neurogenic bladders ever have medications introduced into their bladders, instead of by mouth? For example anticholinergic medications? Or vaginal suppositories with something like Elavil?
    Diagnosed with IC in May 2011

Current Medications:
    Elmiron 400 mg daily
    Imipramine 75 mg daily

Comment

Working...
    X