Options for treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for treatment

I have had ic for over 10 years now and you would think that I know all that is available to me but I don't.

When I was dx I had them go into my bladder, take pictures, stretch it and put medicine directly in there, all while I was put out in the or. I don't know the name of this procedure.

I know about the elmerion (sp?) that you take but after one year it did not work and did not continue it.

I was told I should do the procedure in the or once a year but due to financial reasons have done it once more in 2009.

From reading on here I have tried baking soda and water.

I know to manage my stress and the ic diet. I don't eat fruit or any acid.

I still have crazy flare ups.

I also have read on here about installs in the office but I have such a small bladder and over active bladder I am sure the medicine would not stay in my bladder long at all and prob would not work.

Thanks

i take cymbalta...i was in remmision with cymbalta 1 months...but today i wana just die.... so much hurt me...

Comment

I think treatments differ per person and you just have to find out what is right for you, but I do believe that it takes a combination of things. You might want to give the instills a try...you never know. Have you tried Elavil? It helps me with frequency and urgency. What does your uro suggest?
      ----------------------------------------------------
      My blog on IC, adoption, and academia: the garlic whisperer

Diagnosed Jan 2013. Currently taking:

200mg Elmiron morning and night
      25mg Elavil at night (no drowsiness or weight gain)
      culturelle in the morning
      SLIT drops for allergies (environmental) 3 drops/night under the tongue
      zyrtec 24 hour nightly (recommended by uro)
      Instillations 3x/week: Parson's Solution
      uribel and prelief as needed

Also took Desert Harvest Aloe (3 in the morning and 3 at night) for a year and had great luck.
      No longer need them, so I only take them during flares.

Comment

Working...
      X