X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Re: Flare from rescue instills

Dr. Dell says if it is painful don't hold it. Follow your MD's advice concerning how long to hold the instill. If your MD wants he can contact Dr. Dell at the Female Pelvic Institute. Dr. Dell has assured me that he is very receptive to discussing treatment of IC with medical professionals.

Leave a comment:

• an0bgobeloba
    replied

I am. I stopped using the sodium bicab and switched to marcaine. I didn't flare from the last 2. But I can't say they help yet.

Leave a comment:

• HennaB
    replied

It's so hard to know what to do some times. Everyone we talk to has their own opinion/advice so it can get overwhleming. Personally, I am a firm believer that if it hurts then it may not be the right treatment. I try to listen to my body. If you've beenfollowing the same routine for 6 weeks and it still hurts then I would definitely talk to your doctor about making some changes to the intillations. How are you doing with them today?

Leave a comment:

• an0bgobeloba
    replied

I don't know what to do. My dr said at night so it stays in longer....when I was doing them in the office she said a min of 2 hrs or as long as I could...I could normally hold 5 to 6 hrs. But I wasn't getting any different results then from now.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Instillations aren't usually held overnight --- have you tried voiding 45 minutes to an hour after instilling the meds? Also, if you're mixing the ingredients, you might talk with your doctor about putting in the lidocaine first, then waiting a few minutes before doing the other ingredients.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• an0bgobeloba
    started a topic Flare from rescue instills

Flare from rescue instills

I have been doing twice weekly instills....heprin, lidocaine and sodium bicarbonate....for about 6 weeks now. I have noticed I pee larger volumes sometimes, but haven't had relief for pain which is my main symptom. I have actually been flaring from the instills. I do them at night and seem ok, but after I void them the next morning I flare for 12 to 24 hrs. I don't want to give up completely on them because after 6 yrs I don't really have any options left. But maybe I should try different med in them. My uro is really good about trying about anything I ask. What should I try next?!?!
Working...
X