X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissyBell
    replied
    Re: Holy elmiron instill burning!!!!

I have only had a few elmiron instills, and they did not hurt at all. As a matter of fact, the reason I stopped them was because the nurse practitioner who prescribed them told me "If they are going to help they will start helping right away, within 2 or 3 instills."

Leave a comment:

• miniguinea73
    replied

I agree about the lidocaine. I get that mixed with my heparin in my instills. Some also have sodium bicarb mixed in as well.

I hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

You might want to instill lidocaine or Marcaine FIRST, making sure to get some on the urethra, to see if that helps.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• an0bgobeloba
    started a topic Holy elmiron instill burning!!!!

Holy elmiron instill burning!!!!

So on about week 6 of twice weekly instills without much luck. They actually make me flare worse for about 24 hrs. We decided to switch to elmiron instills to see if it helped. The first one made my urethra burn so bad!!!!! Something that I didn't feel at all with the heprin! So we went back to the heprin for a couple and then tried the elmiron again. Little less burning but still really bad!!!!!! My bladder feels the same, no better no worse, but the urethra burning is enough to make my eyes water!!!!! Any thoughts? Or experiences? Think it will get better if I wait it out?
Working...
X