X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: Need help about DMSO

If a diluted solution that is no more than 25% DMSO, the studies showed it as safe. Rimso 50 is the brand name for DMSO, and it's 50% DMSO, so it needs to be further diluted. When I had it, they used half water solution, half Rimso 50; that, added with the lidocaine they instilled before the DMSO --- made it under under the 25%. Have you read the AUA Guidelines? If not, that could include some more items to discuss with your doctor.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• my2boys99
    replied

Thanks rshell! I am going to try to use the names in this article to find scientific studies that might be available.

Leave a comment:

• rshell84
    replied

I had saved this link awhile ago when I was considering instills. Read the RiMSO aka DMSO section. Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• rshell84
    replied

http://www.ic-network.com/conditions...instillations/

Leave a comment:

• my2boys99
    started a topic Need help about DMSO

Need help about DMSO

I just returned from my uro visit. We talked about the possibility of me having another hydro if this flare doesn't subside. I had a DMSO instill after my last hydro. Since then, I've been reading about how it isn't used much anymore and can possibly do damage to the bladder wall. I asked him about this and he said he never heard that and they still use it (but I wouldn't have to if I didn't want it). He asked me to send him what I read that shows that it could cause damage. Does anyone have any reputable sites (possible studies) that shows the damage DMSO can do to the bladder?

Thanks!
    Jane
Working...
X