Bladder instillations??? Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder instillations??? Help.

I have completed a round of 6 instillations with zero relief. I have to go every month now. Does this treatment take time to work , i am feeling so much despair and pain every day. I cut out all the foods I am told not to eat nothing is helping. Elmiron made me deathly ill. I have a large fibroid I am planning on having removed as it is tilting my uterus and putting pressure on my bladder. Also the catheters are causing me constant pain I never seem to recover form. Is it worth it to continue with this and give it ore time. I keep getting UTI s from the catheters. Any advice would be great.

Re: Bladder instillations??? Help.

What's your medication for instillation. I have done three heparin mix, even worse. I don't know I should continue or stop.

Comment

I have to ask it's like 4 things mixed in , it'a not helping me, I truly believe I am worse now after the hydrodistention and the instillations. I never seem to recover from the catherer then I have to go back again. It's a disaster. I have to take en meds at night.

Comment

I am from Toronto. i thank I am doing the same instillation as you. I try Uracyst first, no luck. Heparin mix make me worse. Did you dr mention any other choice for instillation, like DMSO? I didn't try Elmiron, it is too expensive, I can't afford.

Comment

I am as well. Tried the pills they made me very very sick. I am going to ask the doctor what he is giving me. I have gotten worse since the treatments. Its so depressing. I took two percocets tonight and its not helping

Comment

Have you tried anything else, the instillations seem to have made me worse. I am in pain every day all day now.

Comment

It took 8 months before the heparin/lidocaine started helping me and I have it done once a week. When my Uro started adding the sodium bicarbonite it was just awful. I was in so much pain afterwards so he stopped adding it. My bladder is happy with just the heparin/lidcoaine installation. I've never had a problem with UTI until I tried doing the heparin at home. It didn't go well at home and it didn't help so my Uro told me to start going to his office for the installation again. You might need to stop one of the ingredients to see if that is upsetting your bladder.

Comment

Working...
              X