Bladder Instills At Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder Instills At Home

Hello, I'm going next week to learn to do instills myself. I am terrified.
    I've only had 2 in the past by a different urologist than I have now. They both hurt badly and offered little relief. I have a friend who has seen both uro's, she says this one(his nurse) does much better. It's not so painful to learn to do them yourself.

Any wisdom, advice, comforting words from those of you who do them at home. I almost want to cancel, but I feel I need them.

Re: Bladder Instills At Home

Did you learn how to do them yourself? My word of encouragement is that it gets easier. I have been doing them for 7 years at home and I love it. It means I can go places without worrying about going to emerge when in a flare. I hope you made out well :-)

Current Meds:
    1 Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
    1 Cimetidine 300mg 2x a day
    4 Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day (3600mg)
    1 - 2 Atarax 25mg at bedtime
    1 baclofen 10mg 3x a day as needed
    200mg of Pyridium 3x a day (usually do in cycles - on for a week or two as needed) - I am very careful about this.
    2 belladonna and opium suppositories as needed for pain daily.
    Bladder instillations (Lidocaine, Heparin, & Sodium Bicarbonate)

I have tried but failed -
    lidocaine instillations, heparin instillations, oxybutynin by mouth also called ditropan, tylenol 3s with coedine, cyclobenzaphrine, Ativan, vesicare, Oxytrol patches worked for 3 to 4 years and then failed, I tried Uracyst and had some success but my urologist felt that it was not successful so we moved on to trying something else. .
    [/I]

Comment

Working...
    X