DMSO went well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMSO went well

Just wanted to report that the first DMSO instill I had in about 3 years went well. First the nurse squirted some numbing gel into my urethra, then instilled marcaine and sodium bicarb, waited 10 mins, then instilled the DMSO and solu-cortef which I held for 10 mins., then peed before I left the office. That's the worst part, I had to bear down to get the stream going and sort of work it out of me which is unusual. I also took pyridium, Vicodin, Cipro, and Ditropan before I left the office. I took more pyridium before bed. I slept okay, and the irritation from the cath and the DMSO gradually wore off over the next day. It wasn't bad at all, especially considering how bad I have been feeling in general.

The other good news is that a doctor gave me total support for taking 3 Vicodin a day; it is the only thing that helps both the pain of IC and my mood, and he said that is perfectly acceptable and to not feel at all guilty about taking pain meds for either reason, in my case, with my history of failing antidepressants of all types, the chronic nature of my disease, etc. Yahoo! I feel lighter. I even went to swim laps at the pool this morning, something I haven't done in weeks!

My next DMSO instill is in 1 1/2 weeks. We are going every 2 weeks instead of 1 week.

Diana.

So glad it went well Hugs, Kathi
    One Day At A Time
    Kathi

Comment

Great to hear it all went well for you, way to go. Keep feeling better, hugs Iris. grouphug
      Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X