Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You're very welcome.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Thank you Donna! In 2005, after my initial diagnoses, you were very helpful with advice (: I am scheduled to see another urogynocologist for another opinion and to gatjer some more info. i am just so scared to go backwards, so to speak. In the past decade I have been extremely lucky to have very few flares. I appreciate you reaching out - thanks again! Beth

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I was treated with monthly DMSO for many years until my urologist retired and I had to change doctors and the new one recommended I stop. I haven't experienced any problem without it. If you opt to continue DMSO, I suggest you print out the information at https://forum.ic-network.com/forum/t...age-to-bladder and share it with your doctor.

Sending well wishes,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Thank you for your reply. My doctor seems to think since I’ve responded positively with the DMSO, there should be no reason to stop. I remember first being diagnosed over a decade ago-IC ruled my every waking hour and decreased the quality of my life greatly. I am on medications for the IC, and also for an immune deficiency. I really was hoping to decrease meds somewhere, but I’m thinking along the lines, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.
    I am very grateful for the relief I’ve gotten throughout the years, it’s just been a lot of medication! Thanks again for your reply. Beth

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    I have never had DMSO treatments. I use heparin/ lidocaine instillations. I don't recall anyone posting they had positive or negative results when they stopped DMSO instillations. The only post I have seen were not for treatments as frequently as you seem to have. Dr. Dell says for now there are no cures only effective treatment to manage the disease. So I guess my question is does your MD think the disease is lifelong and needs some type of treatment for management or does he think DMSO installations should be treatment of his choice?

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    started a topic Dmso question-long term user

Dmso question-long term user

I have been having monthly Dmso treatments for the past 3 years. Prior to that my treatments were weekly, then bi-monthly. I also take Elmiron and Hydroxyzine Hcl daily. Has anybody ever stopped the Dmso installations with positive results? My urogyno believes this is a life treatment. Interested in some advice. Thank you!
Working...
X