Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beandip
    replied
    Ihad the treatment for 10 weeks and for the first 3-4 weeks, it did not help much. I had only a couple days a week where I felt OK. But now, I see real improvement. Hang in there! The only problem I'm worried about is when will I stop getting them. I was supposed to stop treatment after 8 weeks, and now after a week and a half, I feel like I need another one.

Colleen

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    The first 2 weekly instillations of DMSO that I had, I felt lousy for 5 days. I'd just start feeling better, then go have another one.

The 3rd-7th instillations I had weekly, I'd flare badly the night of & day after, but started feeling better in between.

When the series was over, about 10 days later, I felt much much better. So, for a year, I had the DMSO once every 4-6 weeks on Friday afternoons. I'd feel crummy that Friday night & Saturday, but would be good to go back to work on Mondays. They did help reduce my symptoms.

Eventually I went to doing home heparin, marcaine, & sodium bicarbonate instillations & those work better for me. But, the once a month DMSO is cheaper & more convenient, so if that works for you, cool!

Sending a hug & hoping things work out well for you!

Leave a comment:

• bamafan
    replied
    Thanks to all that responded to my question. I really appreciate it and hope that they get better as I go alone the treatments. May God bless each one of you Bamafan

Leave a comment:

• lovely330
    replied
    the last few times that i have had a DMSO treatment i always feel like crap for the rest of the day. i pee a lot for the rest of the day when i get one, but usually by the next morning i am back to normal. good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I have not ever had any, but my Mom did all the time.. She said they worked well for her. She did sayd the first few reaaly did make her feel like you.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My first few DMSO treatments were very painful for several days afterwards. I was ready to stop them when one night I slept through the night. That was enough to convince me to continue. I had DMSO instillations once a month for several years after the initial eight.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• bamafan
    started a topic Instillation and flares

Instillation and flares

Hello to everyone out there! I had my first DSMO treatment this past Monday, after the treatment I burned, felt like I need to use the restroom a lot. Now to top it all off I have had a flare all week, are all these things common in the instillation treatments? What to do if they are? Have to have 8 weeks of these treatments and do not look forward to the rest of them. Does any one else have a low tolerance to pain like myself. Doctor gave some pain medicine to take before coming so hope it will help this time. bamafan
Working...
X