Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. Thomas
    replied
    I really didn't know that cathing could be painless until I started self cathing. If you have someone that can cath you without pain I say
    forget everyone else

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Sorry Mary that the cath hurt you. I think I would do the same thing and wait for the doctor to come back. Glad you have some pain medicine to help with the pain.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    *cringe*

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Ouch! That sounds like it hurts to much...

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    I took the vicodin and that helped with the extra pain. Thank goodness for vicodin! After a few hours the bladder settled down so it is helping with the peeing but I do think when I see the uro next week (as long as he is well) I will tell him when he isn't there I will skip coming in. Have to make it sound nice. Don't want to hurt any of their feelings but if she has to keep doing them I will be dreading having it done.

Lori, I could feel the cath hitting the bladder all the way around. I was starting to wonder just where the thing would go when it ran out of room.

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    I know exactly how you feel. I've had that happen a few times from nurses and I've done it to myself. Your bladder continues to hang on to that spasming pain for awhile. I've actually spasmed out the cath when that's been done...the install went everywhere. I think I'd op to not have her do it in the future either.

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Ouch! I had a doctor put in a cath once and I swear it hit the top of my bladder and poked it, LOL! Seriously I could feel it hitting. Sometimes they really want to make sure that cath is all the way in. I'm sorry your bladder hurt when they did this. I know it's no fun. I hope you won't get a bad flareup or anything from this.

Is the instill helping at all, though, do you think?

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Hey waterflow.
    Sorry about your instill experience, Ouch! It sure does make a difference on who is doing them. I had one nurse who completely sucked at doing it, and it hurt. Then I had one who I hardly even felt it. Hope your uro gets better quick!!
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    started a topic Well, that sure was painful

Well, that sure was painful

Went for the instill this afternoon. Uro was home sick with that awful cold going around. First times he hasn’t been there due to being sick in the 8 years I have been there. The new nurse had to do it and I thought oh no. Some can not do the instill without causing pain. It went fine until she started putting in the cath. She kept pushing more and more of it in until I finally told her nicely it was in. They do know it is a short route to the bladder? I forgot how painful that used to be. All I could think was get it out get it out. Think from now on if Uro won’t be there then I will skip it. There is only the other nurse now ( since the original nurse who has been there from the start left) and she works mainly for the other doctor know.
Working...
X