X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharyn
    replied
    Instills

I don't have frequency, but lower back pain triggers the bladder. Thanks to everyone who has answered my question. Will let you how I do on the new instills.

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    The DMSO and Solumedrol really helps with both my frequency and pain. I used to urinate between 70-80 times a day and now I'm down to about 15 which is an amazing improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Instills

How have you been doing? I think the nurse said she will use heparin, maybe not. I was in remission for about 8 months, using heparin every 6 weeks. It may not have been enough so the last 3 weeks have been very painful. I also have PT appts starting next week. They said they are familiar with pelvic floor syndrome, so I might get some relief with PT.

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    My urologist mixes the DMSO with Solumedrol (a steroid) but doesn't use heparin. I have this instilled in my bladder every 3 weeks and I have been doing this for 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Steriods

My Uro wants me to have 3 instills with Steriods, DSMO and Heprin. Does anyone else have this done? He follows Dr. Christopher Paynes reccommendations.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Urethea Tissue Breakdown

Went to the Uro today and he said that the tissue can breakdown and needs more estrogen. I take pills, but he says I should use a cream on the isolated area. The GYN said that I didnt need any additional estrogen. I am so confused when it comes to physicians and their interpretation of health care. All I know is we suffer the pain and anxiety of it all....We must be our own advocates and keep seeking answers.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Uretha

I have had a spot in the uretha for some time. The nurse says it bleeds when she touches it with the cath. Now it is painful when I pee. I discussed this with the GYN and he told me the Uro should do a biopsy. I see him tomorrow. Anyone else ever had this problem? I am already on HRT and the gyn says that should be sufficient hormones.

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Thank you for your replies!!

Hugs,
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    It has happened to me quite a few times but I had just a little bit of blood. In my experience it was caused by the catheter and it always heals right away -usually by the next day I am fine.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It should heal fairly quickly.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    started a topic urethra bleeding after DMSO

urethra bleeding after DMSO

Hi Everyone,

Had a new nurse do my cath yesterday for the DMSO. She was very heavy handed - for the first time ever, while being cathed, I actually screamed. Afterwards, I had slight bleeding from the urethra. My doc was not there, but her partner examined me and said it would clot and I would be fine in a few days. Gave me some pyridium.....

Has anyone had a similar experience with a catheter? Did the urethra heal ok, or did you notice any damage??

Just another thing to worry about with the IC!

Thanks All,
    Beth
Working...
X