X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharyn
    replied
    Dsmo

I am going for my first of 3 DSMO treatments tomorrow. I have been feeling better the last few days. Started PT this week and it seems to be relieving the pain. I am doing more stretches which keeps the pelvis straight. He believes as does the neurologist that the nerve root from the L5 can cause bladder pain. I get a lot of low buttocks pain. Staying on the diet, heat, ice, Prelief and Neuorontin all helping.

Leave a comment:

• mayray
    replied
    Dmso

DMSo worked for me for a year and then my system became immune to it; i then tried elavil and elmiron and got relief from that.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I was on once a month DMSO instills for several years and they did help. I started with eight weekly instillations before moving to once a month.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    I have DMSO instilled in my bladder every 3 weeks and have been doing this for the past 15 years and it really helps my symtoms. I have tried going longer than 3 weeks but then my frequency goes out of control - I'm talking 60+ times a day. I know there are a lot of people on here who believe DMSO causes bladder damage but I am completely helped by the treatments and will continue having for as long as they help me.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    When I did DMSO cocktail instillations, I went through a series of 6 @ once a week, then had an instillation once a month. My uro said I'd "maintain" the benefits that way.

For me, rescue instillations worked better, but hey, if you felt great for 3 months, that says a lot! I'd see about a once a month or every 6 weeks maintenance schedule.

Good luck! Hope you're back to feeling good again ASAP!

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Hi,

Originally my uro told me that the introduction of the DMSO more than 2x a year for a 6-8 week cycle could be detrimental to the bladder because of the ingredients. Some people have the treatments and get another "maintenance" treatment a few weeks later....for me, I usually find relief after the 4th or 5th treatment. Unfortunately, this round, I am still in a flare, although not as bad as before the treatments. I am going to have to ask the uro next Monday at my last instill if people become "immune" to the DMSO or other instills. Last appointment we discussed using a hydro for the symptoms/flare....

There are many other instills other than the DMSO - ask your uro about ones you have not tried.....what meds are you currently taking? And, watch the diet - I am strictly following the IC diet right now (and getting pretty sick of pears!!)

Hugs,
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    Just curious as to why your Dr only does DMSO every 10mos?? I did the set for 6 weeks then once a week for most of 1 1/2 yrs. The last 2-3 mos of treatment they slowly stopped working. I was wondering if I tried them again if they'd do anything?? I've tried numerous rescue installs and they kill me. DMSO hurt the 1st day--possibly 2nd day--but then I'd have 2-3 days of almost pain free. I want those days back. Thanks for any advice.

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    Dmso and rescue instills

Hi!

I am currently in a 6 week cycle of the dmso treatments and find that it works for me for about 4 months or so......my uro will only do them once every 10 months, so in between I do the rescue instillations....something you may want to talk to your uro about!

Good luck with the treatments - I hope you feel better with the DMSO!

Hugs,
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• ris219
    replied
    Thanks Erica
    Have you tried any? I did lidocaine before and it was horrible. The pain I experienced was worse than what I had felt before.
    Thanks for any info you can give.

Marissa

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    "Rescue Instillations" are much more gentle and contain mdications that coat and numb the bladder. These may be worth discussing with your doctor.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• ris219
    started a topic DMSO again?

DMSO again?

I had undergone DMSO instillations about three months ago (only a 3 week course) and felt great for the last 3 months. Now, of course, I am starting to feel horrible again. I really do not like the idea of the DMSO again. It was not a pleasant experience.
    Any advice?

(I am currently on Elmiron)
Working...
X