Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    LOL, I don't know about superwoman. I have a desk job and I took AZO, sat w/ my heating pad on and ending up taking a vicoden because my urethra started hurting really badly.
    I'm happy that I got the lower percentage of solution but I'm not very optomistic about it working. As long as it's at a safer solution where I don't have to worry about damage to my bladder I'm at least willing to try it.
    They're not fun I'll say that much but maybe I'll be like some of the other ladies and feel much better when I'm done the 6 weekly treatments. If not I think I'm going to ask to try rescue instill instead.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    Wow....I am so proud of you for asking about the DMSO solution. I can't believe you are still at work. You are super woman I had 4 DMSO treatments and they were so painful. I am glad that yours are working out o.k. for you. Let me know how you continue to do with them.
    Hang in there

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    I think it would be a good idea to switch the DMSO treatments to Friday afternoons so you don't have to worry about going back to work. Since you have only had 2 treatments it really shouldn't matter if you switch to Fridays at this point. I have been doing DMSO treatments for the last 15 years and I always have them done on Friday so I have the weekend to rest. Just a suggestion but I think it would take the pressure off of you as well - it's hard to concentrate at work when you are not feeling well.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Yea Mary,
    I think that I'm going to try to schedule my other ones for the afternoon and not go back. I wish I was at home now but I really can't afford to leave. I have already missed two days on this paycheck and it's going to put us in the poor house as it is.
    I told hubby though that he was in charge of dinner tonight and nobody is getting much out of me when I get home.
    Only a little more than 2 1/2 hours left now. Time flies when you run to the bathroom every couple of minutes!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Except for one time, I never went back to work after a DMSO treatment! Only reason I went back to work once was because I really wasn't schedule for one so after I had one I did and boy was I ever sorry. People said they could smell me a mile away! (I couldn't of course). As to your question of ever staying at work in pain, yes, I do a lot of times, but I have a very understanding boss who knows that when I am in pain that I don't get a lot of my work done so she doesn't expect a lot out of me- but when I am doing better then she expects more than 100%. I think there have only been a day here and there that I have taken off for my IC pain and one was recently and that was because I had a test and whatever they gave me to drink (something with acid in it) --said it taste just like 7up) anyway within a few hours I was in so much pain that I went home and stayed in bed for 5 days! (luckily 2 were Saturday/sunday). (I am also the primary breadwinner in my family, so I really don't have a big choice to be at home or at the office. )

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Its just strange how something can hurt and burn so bad, but really have some good results.. They just scare me to bad..

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks, I hope so too.
    I just keep on telling myself that I can make it through the rest of the day. It's 12:42 pm right now and I'm working until 4:30 pm today. It's a little less than 4 hours left, I can do that, right? Ugh, that's what I tell myself. Bladder is not as bad as last time but not happy. Lots of burning and really can just "feel" it if you know what I mean. But I'm drinking tons of water and using my heating pad. I just hope it's slow the rest of the day. Ugh, to be normal and not to worry about this stuff must be nice.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm glad it was easier this time! Hopefully this will help!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Well thats good news glad it was better this time

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Well I just got back to work. I told the uro that I had read the study about the damage to the bladder muscle with anything stronger than 25%. He had to go and check with the nurse because he wasn't even sure what percentage they use. It was 50% but he didn't have any problem diluting it to 25%. The nurse did that and actually it didn't hurt nearly as much this time as the last time. It wasn't as bad with the cath this time and it wasn't as hard to hold it though I still really had to go after the 15 minutes.
    Hopefully my day won't be so bad, I already took AZO right before I walked out the dr and I'm ready with my vicoden if I need it as well as 2 liters of water and my heating pad. Thanks for the support everyone. What would I do w/o you guys!!

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    thats good thinking griffs. I am a chicken and wouldn't even dare to do it at all! I work in banking at a desk all day and sometimes sitting kills me too! I hope your apppointment goes well! I can't wait for you to post about how it went.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• girl
    replied
    You have every right to know what is going into your body! I second Donna's suggestion; if you are that uncomfortable with him, perhaps bring it up first with the nurse. Also, for the future, could you schedule these appointments late afternoon and go straight home? I used to do mine Friday afternoons and have the weekend off - it helped immensely.
    Do let us know how you are - ((hugs))

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Don't ever hesitate to ask questions. The nurse can tell you what's in the DMSO mixture.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I was wondering about that Donna since I had read your posts about getting the DMSO yourself.
    I hope it goes well this morning. I am so nervous, I guess I'm afraid he won't be happy with me telling him how I want to have the DMSO done and worried about it hurting again when I get it done.
    These are the times that I still crave a cigarette. So happy that I quit though.
    Thanks for the hugs Ronda, ugh, 10 minutes until I leave!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X