Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kadi
    replied
    When I started instillations, I had no problem with UTI's, but in the last 2 years, it was awful - a UTI probably about every 6-8 weeks. Probably the instillations plus perimenopause making me more vulnerable. So, my doctor gave me a prescription for Pen VK (antibiotics) and I take 500mg morning & night. I've been on this since December & (knock on wood), no UTI since.

Leave a comment:

• diasyjo
    replied
    gentimicin for instillations........

Does anyone know anything about Gentimicin not being available anymore for the instillations.???? My pharmacist tells me that he can not get it from any of his distributors...It's the 80mg/2ml vial....I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if you can get it and if not....What antibiotic are they substituting for it....or should I just do mine without the gentimicin?????? Please help!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I don't think you are necessarily doing anything wrong.

I get a UTI every time I get cathed, weather it is in the uor's office or the operating room in the hospital. I am sure they are doing the aseptics right.

Now my Dr. says no cathing unless no other option, so I can't even try instills, or rescue treatments, and cathing at home for retention is out of the question. If I need to be cathed for retention I have to go to the er. Not something I do very often.

MG

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    Since my husband deserted me at the end of january I have not had a UTI since.

Leave a comment:

• doodlebugsmom
    started a topic UTI's and instillations.

UTI's and instillations.

Is anyone prone to UTI's with bladder instillations? I do a correct aseptic technique- but have a UTI anyway. Any suggestions?
Working...
X