Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

burning Pain after first Elmiron instill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nottoc4
    replied
    Try drinking a teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water for the burning.
    I've had many Elmiron cocktails and only had burning once or twice. I think it's
    from the catheter and not enough lubrication.

Leave a comment:

• i3luebyrd
    replied
    The pain might be from an infection. Elmiron is very soothing going right into the bladder and shouldn't sting. The catheter does burn if you don't numb the area with lidocaine. It's really easy to get infections from the catheter though. Even if you're in a doctor's office. It sounds like you're having a great reaction to the medicine, but you might have a UTI.

Leave a comment:

• DaniMSC
    replied
    Thanks Donna!! For some reason none of the uros I've seen have suggested DMSO, although I have a friend who said it made her better.

The fact that this is hurting so much now makes me realize how lucky I've actually been the last few months, even though I've been thinking "why aren't I progressing?" I've actually been in a lot less pain since this started in Jan/Feb, probably thanks to the diet and Elavil. Funny how it takes a step backward to make you realize you'd been taking steps forward!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My first few DMSO treatments were very painful. In fact, I was ready to say no more when one morning I woke up and realized I had slept all night without even one bathroom trip. That was enough to convince me to continue --- after a while the instills only caused discomfort for a few hours.

DMSO isn't usually held more than 20 minutes.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• DaniMSC
    started a topic burning Pain after first Elmiron instill?

burning Pain after first Elmiron instill?

Hi all,

I tried to search for some answers about this but couldn't find much. Has anyone who has gotten an elmiron instill experienced extreme burning pain in their bladder afterwards? I had pain during the instillation, but immediately afterward, I felt GREAT! No pain and I had been having a bad morning! After about a half hour, I started feeling like I had to pee, but it wasn't painful as it is usually, just urgency. Then I did my best to hold it and lasted about another 40 minutes. When I finally did go to the bathroom, it was very difficult to start and I had to push, and now I am having the most severe burning pain in my bladder and urethra that I've had in months. Is this just a result from being catheterized or is it something in the instill?? I had 3 instillations of Uracyst in March and I don't remember having so much pain afterwards...any thoughts? THanks for sharing!!
Working...
X