Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarojini
    replied
    You could ask them to use a little bit of lidocaine jelly on your urethra first, before cathing. This will numb it up and probably make it more comfortable. In addition, if you are allergic to latex, make sure to mention that - sometimes those red latex catheters can set off a reaction and make things worse, but there are other types of catheters that can be used instead. Other than that, just try to relax... take some deep breaths and think of a beautiful, happy place while you're at the doctor's office

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    Thank you Donna I appreciate all your kind words when I post a question. I will try to relax, the last time they cathed me for a clean catch it was awful...I the burning just about drove me nuts....it was bad.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you can manage to relax, it isn't bad having a catheter inserted. The DMSO sometimes burns for a while. I hope it goes well for you.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    started a topic First DMSO treatment

First DMSO treatment

So I am going in on Monday morning at 9 to have my first DMSO instill. I am super scared. I am trying to keep my nerves down but I am not sure I can do it. I am pretty sure that this is going to send me into a major flare before I go in for this thing.
    Can anyone give me any advice or tell me what I can expect on Monday please.
    It will be greatly appreciated.
    Kirsten
Working...
X