Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KimC
    replied
    I meant "right" after peeing not "tight" typing on my phone!

Leave a comment:

• KimC
    replied
    I am at home and actually feeling great! I probably could have gone to work today, but took the day off just in case. I think that was a good decision though because I feel sort of loopy like my head is in the clouds, which is probably from the anesthesia.

My doctor found inflammation spots on my bladder - he called them Petuchiae (not sure how to spell that)! My husband saw the pictures if my bladder and said the looked like small broken blood vessels. I go back in to meet with my doctor in 7-10 days to find out actual results and course of action. Most likely will have 5 weeks if bladder installations - DMSO, heparin and clorapactin mix.

It hurt pretty bad right when I woke up from surgery - just felt Luke I needed to pee badly and my urethra was burning. Hurt like heck the first time I peed (major burning) and had blood. Once I took Vicadin I felt much better burning is now gone today - just slight twinges of pain during and tight after peeing, but other than that I feel great!

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    Please give us an update

Leave a comment:

• SuziQ64
    replied
    Kim, how did you make out today? Hope all went well. I have a child at home too and I know how difficult it is to have IC and be the mother of young children.

Suzi

Leave a comment:

• KimC
    replied
    Hi Nal, I am having my first treatment today - so not directed if it works or not I called a pharmacist, lactation consultant at the local hospital, and my naturopath. All said no research had been done on whether or not DMSO is safe or not while nursing. So, I am planning to pump and dump tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Nal
    replied
    First off, do the treatments help you? Secondly I would check with a pharmacist which you may of done by now. Hope your getting better!

Leave a comment:

• KimC
    started a topic DMSO while Nursing?

DMSO while Nursing?

I am scheduled to have a Cystoscopy, Hydro, and first DMSO treatment in surgery in a couple weeks. My Urologist suspects that I have IC, but is doing the surgery to further diagnose. If they do diagnose me with IC, then I will be heading back to the office weekly for 5 more DMSO Installations. The DMSO Installations that he does are also combined with Heparin and something else (I don't have the info with me right now at work).

I have a 9 month old and am still nursing. My Urologist and the nurse were not sure if DMSO/Heparin/etc. were okay while nursing, so they were going to research for me. But, just wanted to check on here and see if anyone knows whether or not it is ok to continue to nurse with DMSO/Heparin.

Thanks!
Working...
X