How much $ should instils cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much $ should instils cost?

I've gotten 2 of the bills from my instillations, and I was shocked at the amount. I was just wondering if anyone would mind sharing how much theirs cost?

My first one was $313.98, second one was $268.10. Now, I had the same thing done each time, so there shouldn't be a difference between the two...something I'm going to ask them when I go in on Mon. This seems really high to me and this is a new thing for this clinic (the urogyn. is new to their practice of gynecologists), so I'm concerned that they don't know what to bill.

Thanks for any input.
    ~Darcy R (WI)

Hi Darcy, I have no idea how much it costs, my insurance pain for it & I never saw a bill. I know that those who have to pay say it is expensive. I agree that the 2 bills should be the same if the same amounts were used & the same ingredients, hmmm. I hope they help you like they have helped many of us. Hugs, Kathi
    One Day At A Time
    Kathi

Comment

i also haven't seen the bill my inc. pays for all of it, but now i do the at home.
      I do agree each bill should be the same price unless they gave you a diff. type of dmso and you didnt know. I would be asking question when you go back and alot of them. Good Luck hon and please let us know what you find out.
      it sounds to me if there is more then one person doing the billing there.
      Medicine taken daily or as needed:
      1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
      2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
      3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
      4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
      5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
      5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
      6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
      7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

What kind of instills do you do? I have daily Heparin/Marcaine/ bisodium carbonate and they are $389 each time. My insurance pays for it but I have seen it noted on the bill. Occasionally I will notice that they code the office visit differently so the insurance company pays more or less. I know that my dr. office had to play with the codes until the ins. would pay for the cost of the catheters. For some reason they didn't want to pay for the caths but I argued that the procedure couldn't be done without them. Anyway, the dr. office replaced the code for the cath with a regular office visit in order to get the money. I would definitely check with your dr. office billing person to find out why the bills are different.

Comment

Working...
        X