Praise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    My insurance company doesn't cover home instillations, but they are willing to cover the greater expense of instills in my doctor's office.

Donna
    SAme here, Donna! They were paying $225 each for me to get them at the Drs. office 3 x a week for 4 years! Yet they are balking at paying the $100 a month for me to do them at home. Doesnt make any sense at all, does it?!!

Comment

I never knew how good my insurance was until my daughter had surgery on her insurance. She had the surgery while on our insurance a couple of years ago and I think we paid about $200 for the surgery. She is too old to be on our insurance now. Her surgery cost almost $3000 with her insurance.

I think I have posted my cost for instills. My insurance covers home instills and in the MD’s office. In the office I pay $13 but the office is 90 miles away. That’s why I do home instills. I may have mentioned my cost but we have a $5 copay for generic. It will also cover maintenance meds. for 90days at 30day copay. My urogyn writes the script for 1 daily so meds for 90 treatments cost $15.

To get the catheters and syringes covered I have to use a durable goods supplier (wheelchair diabetic supplies) The catheters are covered and they cost about $0.50 and the syringe cost $0.10 (I think). The needles are not covered. I have had a time finding a supplier for needles. But my durable supplies provider will sell me the needles at cost..$15 per 100.

If I do not use durable supplier the syringes are $1 and the catheters are $4 each. I try to get people to check and see if supplies are covered by insurance if you use a durable good supplier. It was something that I found out from the pharmacist. I guess that is what is good about a small town.
      TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
      My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
      Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
      I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
      Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
      Louann

Comment

Working...
      X