Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mela414
    replied
    I stopped doing instillations because they caused me horrific pain! I had terrible burning and swelling that lasted for a few days. It seems that no matter what I tried as an instillation, I had pain so I gave them up a while ago. I think my bladder had gotten so raw and sensitive that anything that went in there flared me. I even tried preservative free....but still had pain. DMSO was torturous but gave me some relief the next day. The various cocktails that I tried caused me to flare for days.

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    There are a lot of things that can cause pain with an instill. One thing that makes a difference for people is using a latex-free catheter. Another possible cause is the size of the catheter. Sometimes the catheter is advanced too quickly and it hits the bladder lining and for some they are just too painful to be an option for treatment.

Leave a comment:

• bamafan
    replied
    Well I had the last instill and it was very painful when the cath was put in. I take alot of pain meds with it but doesn't help. i survived all of them not sure if they worked or not because still in pain this morning. I am not sure what is in my treatments but can find out. I hope everyone is doing well this day!!!!! Bamafan

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    New Instill

My new instill will contain DSMO, Heprin and Solu-Cortef. Has anyone had this combination and did you get any relief?

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Tylenol PM

I now use Costco's generic brand. The reccommended dosage is 2 tablets but I only use 1 tablet.

Leave a comment:

• bamafan
    replied
    Thank you to all for your replies. i am hoping that this one will not be as bad. I also hope that the doctor will not call for anymore treatments for a while. I am not sure if these are forever or not. I have only been diagnosed for a couple months now. Bamafan

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Originally posted by Sharyn View Post
    . I have also added 1 Tylenol PM. I sleep through the night.
    I use generic extra strength Tylenol and generic Benydryl. That saves me $$$ because that is what is in Tylenol PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn
    replied
    Heparin Instills

I have had instills for the past two years. It kept me out of trouble until last month. Saw the Uro today and he said to continue 4 more. It takes time, I was in a lot of pain last week. Maybe it will be better this week. I am to continue Neurontin (100 mg. x 3 - low dose), Hydroxyzine at night. I have also added 1 Tylenol PM. I sleep through the night.

Leave a comment:

• akrose
    replied
    the second one helped me too, no pain. Then 3,4,5,6 all burned terrible and never helped anything. DMSO is evil

Leave a comment:

• Romans8:28
    replied
    I do rescue instill and had pain at first. then we realized I reacted to the preservatives. We found all preservative free alternatives and they help A LOT!

Is Rismo DMSO? If so and it doens't work try and rescue instill

Leave a comment:

• bamafan
    replied
    Thank you Donna for your response I really appreciate it. I hope that i can say the same thing at the end. Bamafan

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I always have some pain with instillations, but the end result has made it worth it for me.

I just hope they help.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• bamafan
    started a topic Anyone with pain with all instills?

Anyone with pain with all instills?

I am going for my 6th instill/rismo treatment on Friday. The only treatment that did not bother me was the 2nd one. The rest of them have really hurt bad and this is with taking some pain med before I go in and also having them to put pain medicine in before they even cath me. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought that they were suppose to get better after the 2nd or third one? Thank you for any advice you can give. bamafan
Working...
X