Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charisse
    replied
    Just giving you all an update. I saw the NP yesterday. She did another vaginal exam and found my urethra to be very tender when she pressed on it. She said I might have urethritis (I'm guessing from the catheter?) so she gave me a weeks' worth of Doxycycline. I took my third dose this morning and am not feeling any better so far. She also gave me an RX for Atarax which I will try tonight. I feel like my back pain is worse today. I am so frustrated with this. We are supposed to go on vacation next weekend and I just want out of this flare. I'm taking Uristat this morning out of desperation. I've also been religious about the IC diet since yesterday so I don't understand why I'm feeling worse. I found some Prelief at the store so will try that. The NP didn't mention Elmiron at this point but said if I get brave we may try another Heparin instill again. I am TERRIFIED but at this point the pain is getting so bad again I'm thinking of asking for one tomorrow. I am just so scared. The nice thing about this office is they ask me what kind of info I've found online and what I'd like to do which is great. They are the most knowledgeable in my town when it comes to IC and they even gave me a printout of the diet from this website. Charisse

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    Red Robin Catheter

Thanks ladies. I see the NP tomorrow morning and am going back and forth on what I should do. I really don't think I can take another catheter experience and risk that pain again. I would have to call off work for the next 2 days So unless the NP can convince me otherwise, I'm just going to ask to try the Atarax and/or Elmiron. Charisse

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    When you said red robin, I thought you meant a particular brand name. My catheters I used for self instills were soft red ones.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    I am familiar with the red catheters.

They are more flexible.

Good Luck with the Elmiron and Atarax. Maybe you will gets some nice relief and won't have to go the instill route.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm not familiar with that particular one, but I do prefer a soft catheter.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    started a topic Red robin catheter?

Red robin catheter?

I had my my PST and first Heparin instill on Friday which threw me into a horrible flare. I had the worst pain ever from the catheter and feel worse now in my bladder/urethral area. I go back to see the nurse practitioner on Wed and may or may not try it again. The nurse I talked to this morning said they could try a "red robin" catheter which is rubber and more flexible then the one they used on me before. She said they are both very tiny pediatric sized. I don't know if I can handle that pain again so I may just ask to try Elmiron and Atarax instead. I was not expecting that pain or the flare it put me into. I normally never have burning in my urethra and now I do plus I feel like I'm peeing more if that's possible. I was in bed all weekend and just now starting to feel a bit better so I hesitate to do another instill. Anyone have experience with the red robin catheter? She said you have to wiggle it more to get it in but that it's softer. I don't know that it sounds much better honestly. Charisse
Working...
X