No announcement yet.

instill FOR urethral pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the urethral pain is hard to take. I guess DMSO is not helping you?

BTW, you do not need to have visible redness to hae VV or the other type of vulvodynia. I do have redness but all that came back from the lab from a biopsy was 'inflammation.' Like we didn't know that!

I ahve the MSM gel too but was unable to use it without burning my inflamed nether regions. Sigh. I'm sure we'll all find something at some point that helps!

Originally posted by bunnykinb View Post
    My number one complaint about IC is my urethral pain. Sometimes it is the urethra other times it is the sides. I have been gettin DMSO instills since July 2006. I do have MSM gel but I guess I should be using it 3x a day instead of just 2. Maybe consistency is the key. I seem to have burning every day.

I have been on nortriptyline since 4/26/07 until now. I am wondering if I should go back to Elavil which seemed to help subside the burning after 2 weeks, but I became outrageously hungry all the time. That is why I asked to be switched to nortriptyline.

I also went to another gyno last week to see if I have VV. Everything looks wonderful in those regions but slides to the lab were sent anyways. I go back next week. Can you believe the day I go in to see her, I have no pain at all? UGH.

Comment

I called JacobsLab and spoke to the doctor. He said that MSM gel may feel like some burning for the first two weeks with consistent use but after that I shouldn't have anymore burning sensation from the gel.
      bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

Working...
      X