Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do doc offices really hire people that know what they are doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stac7_8
    replied
    Well the ins that I have I also have a $15.00 copay. But the Ins department was telling me that due to the coding it would be considered as a surgical procedure. The surgical procedures fall to the dedectible then once that is met it goes towards the out of pocket.

So since I just had my son in September my Ded rolled over for this year and I had that met. So the surgical went towards the out of pocket.

This ins is really the BEST ins I have ever had or even heard of. I don't have to pay a dime for ANY type of Lab test, this includes X-ray's ultrasounds, MRI's blood work anything. It is wonderful. My ins also has a copay for the ER and it is only $75.

So anyways....my ins is wonderful!!!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    No matter what I go in for, all I have to pay is my co-payment of $30.00. Insurance usually takes care of the rest, sometimes it takes awhile, and they know it, but I don't have to pay it before they do anything else to me. (thank goodness for that - as I just went to the cardio doctor yesterday, had my yearly checkup there paid my co-pay but I know I'm going to owe more than that as I had an echo done plus I am scheduled for a nucleur(?) treadmill test (that is about 4-6 hours long) in a few weeks. In the meanwhile, I am running up co-insurance pays up the ---- because the doctors don't really know what is wrong with me- 2 of the doctors think its my gallbladder but the other 2 think it isn't so I'm going thru a battery of tests. Then of course, i get why didn't you come in earlier instead of waiting? well, this is why because I didn't want to go from doctor to doctor and test to test!!- anyway, enough of my ranting and raving!

Leave a comment:

• stac7_8
    replied
    Yes I am very glad that my ins company did pay. That was a wonderful gift. No I will not be dealing with that doc anymore. I truly believe that it just wasn't ment for me to be treated by him.

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    Maybe they were expecting you to file the insurance claim yourself to get your money back after you paid the doctor's office in full. It doesn't make ANY sense really, especially if they filed the insurance for you. At least you know now that your insurance will pay and if they have any other problems they can check back in your history to see that the insurance co pays all but a very small portion.

Who knows?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm just glad the insurance paid them off.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Do doc offices really hire people that know what they are doing?

Ok When I was first DX back in March I had said that I found this wonderful doc and he DX me with IC. I was DX with the PST and then we did 2 instill's and I was told that I had to PAY MY ACCOUNT UP before they would do another instill. At that time I was told that it would go toward my $900 out of pocket. The amount was about 620.00 for 2 of them.

I'm so glad that I did not pay them a dime....do you know that my ins paid all of it but 22.00 on the first claim and 25.00 on the second claim. So I guess someone in the INS department didn't know what in the world they were doing. I don't know how they can tell you that it is going to be XX amount and you have to pay it in full and ahead before we can do anything else and send me a bill for it BEFORE the insurance has even gone threw yet.

Thank goodness I did not pay....I bet it would of been like pulling teeth to get my money back.
Working...
X