Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Rescue instillations are the ones most people are talking about on this board. They are a type of bladder wash. It can be done in the MD's office or at home.

It is a procedure where a mixture of meds are inserted into the bladder using catheter. There are 100's of recipes.

The most common ingredients are sterile water, lidocaine, heparin, Elmiron, and sodium bicarbonate. The ingredients differ in the amount of each as well as the number of meds used. Some instills include a steriod or antibiotics.

Dr. Dell finds about 80% of his patients are helped with instillations. That being said, it is not the cure but it helps most people.

Leave a comment:

• Renate
    replied
    what are exactly Instillations? What are the Ingredients? Are there different kinds with different ingredients or are what you all are referring to all the same? Sorry just newly diagnosed and confused!:

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Instills work for me 100%
    According to Dr. Dell's practice about 80% of his patients are helped with instills.

Leave a comment:

• passion4life
    replied
    Update After Two Instillations

Wow!!!! I am starting to feel normal. My cysto/hydro was performed on 18 April with the first rescue instillation scheduled for 29 April. Unfortunately, my town was hit by several tornadoes and the entire county lost power. Being without power and confined to the house put things in perspective. While I certainly would not chose this journey, I am grateful that things are as well as they are. My family was unharmed while countless around me suffered loss unspeakable. Please keep the state of Alabama in your prayers.

When the lights kicked back on I called the doctor and had my first treatment. Actually, I had two treatments in one week (Monday and Friday).

When I was in the doctor's office on Friday, I met LindaMay. Wow!!!

Thanks for all the love, experience, strength, and hope that you share. This site is truly a Godsend.

Still praying for the cure.

Leave a comment:

• nanawaggs
    replied
    Hi, Passion ~
    I'm so glad you like your uro....that's such a step in the right direction. When I first started my instills I could hardly walk, urinate, pain all the time....in tears about 24/7...unable to sleep, "going" all the time and painful at that. Just recently I just noticed on my insurance paperwork that I had 32 instills last year and a few the beginning of this year. Then about 1-1/2 months without!!!! I felt very good, having what I'd call normal days. Then I got careless about my diet and bamm....things hit with vengeance....BUT....3 instills later and I'm again feeling so much better.

May you find the right treatments that help you. Sometimes it just takes a little while to figure this monster of a disease out.

Blessings that you'll soon feel great,

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    My rescue instillations are : marcaine, sodium bicarbonate, heparin, sterile water.
    I do them at home twice a day (I have severe IC) and they have saved my career and quality of life. I hope you get equally good results and they bring you relief

Leave a comment:

• lalarainbow
    replied
    I had 5 out of 6 instills.. skipped the 6th one because I had a cysto/hydro..
    The instills were not nearly as bad as I expected.. I did have a hard time holding it in for 15 mins.. My bladder only holds a cup on expansion..the instills did make me flare for a bit but it let up after a bit...
    Hope all goes well for you..

Leave a comment:

• passion4life
    replied
    Thanks Greeneyes!!

Your post was encouraging

Leave a comment:

• greeneyes
    replied
    As you know we are all different in what helps our pain, I had my 6th instill today, i get them once a week, two more then I stop for two weeks. They have helped me alot. I hope they help you too.

Leave a comment:

• passion4life
    started a topic First Instillations - Next Week

First Instillations - Next Week

This has been one crazy journey.

I switched doctors and today was my first consult with my new uro. I like him. We discussed my current meds, future cystohdrostentian, and rescue instillations.

I shared with him my fears concerning instillations and he was very reassuring.

The RI's are scheduled for Fridays so that I can have the weekend to recoup. Excited about giving this a try!
Working...
X