Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying a series of Instills for the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying a series of Instills for the first time.

I'm starting a series of instills, which I have never tried before. I had my first one and will continue for 6 weeks. Not only am I having a flare, I twisted my knee pretty badly on 4-13 and am wearing a brace. I had an MRI, but it didn't show a tear, thankfully, just a bad sprain. It's really painful to walk on. I am so sick of pain. I ordered one of the TENS machines and it got here today, so will also try that.

My friend who also has IC said that the instill series really helped her after about 3 weeks and improved her IC for about 4 months. That would be heaven!

Good luck Jocotter! I hope both the TENS and bladder instillations help you to get some relief soon!
    Diagnosed December 2010

Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

John 3:16 -For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

I hope the instills work for you. I started instill at 3 a week for several weeks and had to increase to daily for a while. Now I instill maybe once every 4 weeks..except during allergy season. During those times of the year 4 or 5 instills a week is probably about normal for me. The ingredients of the instills differ as much as the response to them.
      TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
      My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
      Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
      I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
      Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
      Louann

Comment

Working...
      X