Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you for the infomation nat13, I appreciate it.

And thank you Linda May, that is so so true.

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    every icer is different what works for one might not work for someone else.

Leave a comment:

• nat13
    replied
    elmiron instills

I do 2x weekly 3 elmiron capsules, 4 cc water, 3 cc sodium bicarb and 8 cc lidocaine. It has worked for me better than anything else. If I do flare, it is not as bad. The drawback is the risk of infection of course. Peeing the concoction out hurts as well, but can be managed with meds and perhaps peridium (I don't take it periduim any longer, it seems to actually cause more pain once it wears off now).

If it works, it is worth it - I have tried to choose the least invasive method to treatment as I have multiple med allergies and adverse reactions and instills seemed like the best option.

Natalie

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    replied
    Thank you for the information. I kind wondered if it was a waist of time... :/

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    During the heparine shortage Dr. Dell substituted Elmiron in my instills. After using them for a couple of months I felt my symptoms had returned and felt that lidocaine instills would probably do as much as the ones with Elmiron. He said there were several that felt the same way. It is like any of the treatments..there is no "silver bullet". You just have to figure out what works for you. Although Elmiron did not help me there are far more poster who do think Elmiron did help.

Leave a comment:

• suzannes
    replied
    I did them without much success. I used Marcaine, Kenalog, Sodium Bicarb, and 2 Elmiron caps. It numbed my bladder for 2 hours but I had a lot of burning the next day so I stopped. I did about 8 treatments.

Suzanne

Leave a comment:

• Tink22
    started a topic Elmiron Instills..... ?

Elmiron Instills..... ?

I am considering elmiron instills and was wondering if they were very effectiv, and most certainly how they felt and if they lasted long, as in less need for them in time.

It would be a great help to find out.

Thanks
Working...
X