Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monet
    replied
    jawein02, I am so glad you posted this. I am actually in a very similar situation. I have my first rescue instill next week and I am leaving on vacation the following Wednesday. I'm worried about how long it will take to recover and I'm hoping this really bad flare will calm by my trip. So, glad to hear that the instill helped you. I'm hoping the same happens with me.

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Sounds like you are having some positive effects of the instills. Hopefully they will continue to help. Some find it does take a period of adjustment. Others have found the ingredients may need a little "twiking".

Leave a comment:

• jawein02
    replied
    So glad you found relief! I felt great with the instill in, once I voided I had a little bit of frequency until this afternoon but am now feeling better. Thank you all for your support!

Leave a comment:

• greeneyes
    replied
    I had a rescue instill today, Elmiron, lidocaine and some other med (forgot already), I had urinated 22 times before seeing my uro this morning, once I had the instill which was around noon I've only had to urinate twice- what a relief.

Leave a comment:

• phoenixgirl
    replied
    I usually have increased frequency, as well as some burning (irritation from the catheter) the same day I get the rescue instill. Sometimes it's only for a few hours but I've had it the next day a couple of times, too, mostly in the morning. It's not bad though and usually goes away pretty quickly. You should be fine over the weekend. Have fun on your trip!

Leave a comment:

• jawein02
    replied
    I always appreciate your speedy replies, Donna. I take uribel, which has an anti-spasmodic in it, it's like prosed or urelle. I'm scheduled for my first instillation on Thursday and my trip is next weekend. Thanks for all your help!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It could depend on what's in the mixture. Some find that marcaine or lidocaine helps very quickly, but there could be some irritation from the catheter. If you decide to do this, I suggest you go in as soon as possible so you have a few days before vacation. Have you talked to your doctor? It could be that an antispasmodic, such as hyoscyamine, might give you some relief.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jawein02
    started a topic how long does it take to recover from rescue instill

how long does it take to recover from rescue instill

I have been having a sudden increase in symptoms, perhaps due to allergies (diet has not changed), and would like to get an instillation done before I go on vacation next Wednesday. I have heard that some peoples symptoms increase after instillations and was trying to get a ballpark estimate of how long the increase tends to last. Any ideas, folks?
Working...
X