Insurance Company @#%$%@#!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes me so mad!

When people make decisions about denying coverage, do they not realize that they are directly affecting the welfare and quality of life of another person?!?!

I am also so tired. So tired of all this bs and hoops that need to be jumped through just to get some treatment. So tired of having treatment denied after its been approved.

This is ridiculous.

If you get much to tired to continue dealing with this, there are advocacy organizations that might be able to help.

Good luck and you are in the my thoughts!
    Current treatment:
    Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
    Hydroxyzine 75mg
    Lyrica 100mg 3x a day
    Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy started 12/10
    Ativan 1-2mg as needed

Bloging my thoughts at www.thispatientperspective.blogspot.com

Comment

insurance companies

SF,
      I couldn't have said it better myself.
      After a while, it just gets so exhausting to fight with these companies.
      Finding an advocacy organization is a very good idea, though.

Comment

It's finally approved. We resubmitted the appeal paperwork (faxed the exact same letters again.) I got a call today from the computer and it's approved til August 2012. I didn't believe it, so I called & verified it with a representative and it's now finally done. I don't know why they had to put me through 6 weeks of hassle over it, but whatever. It's finished and I'm glad not to deal with it again. Fortunately or unfortunately, my insurance will change in January to a different mail order pharmacy service, so we'll see how that goes, if I have to do this again.
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

insurance company

Kadi,
          Great news!! At last!
          Be well,
          Laurie

Comment

Working...