Hydrogen Peroxide Instills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrogen Peroxide Instills

Just wondering if anyone has tried an instill with H202. I recently had BV and the GP scripted Metronidazole (sp?) but this didn't work for me at all - went through a week of treatment with it for nothing and got a nice dose of vaginal thrush to add to the pile. In desperation I hit Earth Clinic trying to look for a simple cures as I just felt it was something simple that would resolve it (sometimes the simplest of things can be all it takes). I hit the BV (bacterial vaginosis) thread on there and one of the remedies the ladies were using was H2o2 douches, Folic Acid and Pro Biotics.

I read the entire thread... I kind of cringed at the idea and couldnt do it at first. But then I knew if I went back to my GP, I would just wind up with swabs galore and some more anti biotic or some other stuff that doesn't work. (Honestly my faith in allopathic medicine actually being able to work and cure something these days is completely out of the window as NOTHING seems to work when I get something and visit my Gp for treatment). On top of this I had cystoscopy surgery coming up (19th Oct) and knew that I needed to get rid of that and get things settled for me as I just knew if I didn't that I would wind up with some fierce UTI on top of all that. This is going to sound insane to some people until I explain but here I go...three weeks ago out of complete desperation I started to do the following:

H202 Douche:

Filling a 10 ML syringe with 1.5 % H202 (3% mixed 50:50 with pure spring water).

Folic Acid:

Taking 800 Mcg twice daily.

Pro Biotics:

40 Billion of a wide range of good bacteria orally. Also took Flora restore (orally) from the Clinicians range here.

RESULTS

It cleared my BV and I got instant relief from the first douche thank goodness. In fact it was so successful I kept the protocol up as I felt I had some lingering deep seated vaginal candida which just wasn't clearing up with creams the GP prescribed and the H2O2 help with that also. In fact I developed a sensitivity to the thrush creams years ago and wind up worse off when I use them and the Diflucan tabs just don't work or stopped working. Think the candida got resistant due to all the anti biotics I have taken over the years for urinary probs.

Anyhow, I have to say I did my research before I used the above protocol - believe me I am a complete paranoid and safety freak... that cure seemed almost too stupid to be true and a lot of women on the thread were whining that it did nothing for them. (I have my own thoughts on that though...e.g. a LOT of women may not have had BV...they could have had much worse or some other vaginal infection that needed medical attention etc).

Basically though I will give a brief description of how H2O2 works:

The friendly flora and bacteria of the vagina (lactobacillus and acidophillus) secrete H2O2 to keep down the bad bacteria counts normally. The normal PH of the vagina is meant to be 4.5 or somewhere around there, and this can change when you get vaginal thrush or BV etc. That is easily done when you consider that we wind up on numerous courses of anti biotics. The good bacteria levels are diminished in both the vagina AND the urethra and bladder I would say, so the bad bacteria take over and the good bacteria cannot keep on top of the situation or get control of the situation without help. Anti biotics is obviously not 'help' let's face it... it takes us in the opposite direction technically and makes the sitation worse.

I wasn't concerned about the absorption of the H2O2 into the vaginal tissue as when I researched H2O2 therapy I read that neutrophills (type of white blood cells) also secrete H2O2 into the blood when they encounter an invader cell or virus anyway, so there is NO problem with H2O2 getting into the blood stream from the vagina or the urethra, infact it is probably meant to be there if there is bad bacteria anyway. As I said before, if you have had repeated anti biotics, this means you're white blood cells are at a bit of a disadvantage in that their numbers are low and any bad bacteria or virus take over as does candida (and other types of fungi). You can take very dilute H2O2 orally with water to kill bad bacteria and you can also gargle with H2O2 and use this safely as a douche etc. You can even bathe yourself in the stuff (it works as a detox), it will kill fungal skin infections etc apparently so go ahead and stick it in you're foot bath with sea salt and epsom salts. Frankly after the BV treatment working I honestly believe it is the miracle cure to everything knowing what white blood cells and friendly bacteria in the gut and body do to fight the bad guys.

I can't say that what I did was technically a douche where BV is concerned. I just filled a 10 ML syringe with the stuff and then I lay with my hips raised on the bed, inserted that and then still and left that in for 5 minutes. Then drained that out and repeated the process one more time. This was done each evening before bed. The BV cleared within 3-5 days tops but I kept the protocol up and stayed on the pro biotics which help to replenish good bacteria right up until having my surgery 6 days ago. I then knocked it on the head post surgery until last night when I restarted the protocol.

I'm completely happy with the results with the BV. So happy that it got me thinking...I did some research after that online to try to find if anyone had done the same protocol for urethra but couldnt find much. Just some posts from a paraplegic guy who was using H2O2 to flush before he cathed himself was all. He said since doing that he rarely got any infections which sounded promising to me given the knowledge of the above. Right now, it just makes sense to me that the urethra should also have more good bacteria in it to keep the bad bacterial count down. That if that balance is upset with frequent anti biotics (as it is when we get frequent UTI's) the only way to rebalance the bacterial count, is to kill bad bacteria with H2O2.

I have not got around to trying the oral route yet. It seems like a really hard going process upon reading about it. You need to drink it in water first thing in the AM and not eat for a period of time before taking and after or it can upset you're stomach as the H2O2 reacts with foods apparently. But it looks to be working for a lot of people as did the BV cure. I'm kind of psyching myself up to a water fast for a week or so and just take pro biotics, some supplements and drink water (or alkaline juices) as well as doing the oral H2O2 as the BV treatment worked straight away. I just want to recover from my cystocopy and urethral stretch first before doing that.

I expected the H2O2 to sting the vagina walls but no... just pure relief and bliss - my symptoms of intense itch diminished instantly with the first application. Unbelievable. I'm considering doing a urethral instill to assist with healing after the urethral stretch I had done 6 days ago just to keep bad bacteria levels down whilst I heal. I just don't know how people are doing instills though?

Has anyone else tried H2O2 instill or thought about trying it? How do I do an instill at home? Did I do this in the correct way? Cheers!
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 10-25-2011, 03:37 AM. Reason: Removed direct medical advice.
    Diagnosed with:

Adhesion between bladder/uterus post caesar unresolved (on hospital notes surgeons stated it was too difficult to separate scarring so they made an incision further up to deliver baby in second caesar). IC in 2005 (GP only). Urethral Stricture 2011 (Urologist).

Symptoms:

Frequent UTi's since my 20's. Problems with bladder due to endo and adhesion following caesarean section. Bladder discomfort during menses and immediately following menses.
    Mainly urethral problems from aged 47 yrs. Voiding dysfunction diagnosed in 2011. IBS, leaky gut and various food allergies (gluten and lactose intolerance).

Treatments:

Allergic to NSAIDS so panadol only with amytriptiline for flare up only. I use D Mannose and Xylitol every day which has kept me infection free since January 2011. I take:

L Glutamine
    Glucosamine
    MSM
    Adrenal Support (adaptogenic herbs). Vitex (occasionally if ovarian cyst issues). Also currently taking:

Magnesium
    Iron
    Iodine
    Selenium
    Vit E
    Cod Liver Oil
    Folic Acid
    Lysine
    Multi Vitamin.

Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy - adhesions between bladder & uterus removed and both surfaces lasered - 2011.

Rigid Cystoscopy - treated for urethral stricture and voiding dysfunction. (slow flow & urine retention). 2011.

Diet:

Removed gluten and lactose and all grains except for brown rice ( occasionally). Feeling far better without them. My diet is relatively clean for past 6 months.

Medications/Treatment that I've tried:

Nystatin - 3 weeks (Candida)
    Diflucan One Tab - Useless
    Nystatin (doesnt work for me now)
    Canestan (allergic to)
    Amytriptyline - 10 yrs (used only for flare ups).
    Panadol for flare ups
    Urals (for flare ups)
    Synflex - (Now allergic to NSAIDS - asthma symptoms).
    Codeine (when desperate)
    Numerous anti biotics done to death

Experimenting with:

Hydrogen peroxide douches and contemplating instills with H2O2 after having recent success with H2O2 therapy and BV.

It is NEVER okay to instill any substance into the bladder without first consulting with a physician. ''

Donna
    Stay safe

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hi Donna. I have never read of the term instill and this has not been suggested to me. We are slightly behind on the IC treatment front in NZ in that sense. Thanks therefore for clarifying what instills are. Obviously what I did was not an instill as it involved just flushing the lower part of the urethra with the H2O2 (which I had read another patient had tried successfully). It did provide some relief of my symptoms also and was repeated tonight. If anything, if there is any bacteria in the urethra or bladder, a 1.5 % H2O2 would just kill rogue bacteria and do no harm as it only kills unfriendly bacteria. It doesn't kill the friendly bacteria as they actually secrete H2O2 as a defense to keep rogue bacteria's down. H2O2 is oxygen based and kills any bacteria that is anaerobic. Far better than anti biotics as anti biotics kill every bacteria (or that is how they're supposed to work).

I'm putting this out there basically also as I feel it would be a valid instill to use if one did want to rebalance the bladder and urethra flora. I think someone needs to look into it and research a little more.
      Diagnosed with:

Adhesion between bladder/uterus post caesar unresolved (on hospital notes surgeons stated it was too difficult to separate scarring so they made an incision further up to deliver baby in second caesar). IC in 2005 (GP only). Urethral Stricture 2011 (Urologist).

Symptoms:

Frequent UTi's since my 20's. Problems with bladder due to endo and adhesion following caesarean section. Bladder discomfort during menses and immediately following menses.
      Mainly urethral problems from aged 47 yrs. Voiding dysfunction diagnosed in 2011. IBS, leaky gut and various food allergies (gluten and lactose intolerance).

Treatments:

Allergic to NSAIDS so panadol only with amytriptiline for flare up only. I use D Mannose and Xylitol every day which has kept me infection free since January 2011. I take:

L Glutamine
      Glucosamine
      MSM
      Adrenal Support (adaptogenic herbs). Vitex (occasionally if ovarian cyst issues). Also currently taking:

Magnesium
      Iron
      Iodine
      Selenium
      Vit E
      Cod Liver Oil
      Folic Acid
      Lysine
      Multi Vitamin.

Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy - adhesions between bladder & uterus removed and both surfaces lasered - 2011.

Rigid Cystoscopy - treated for urethral stricture and voiding dysfunction. (slow flow & urine retention). 2011.

Diet:

Removed gluten and lactose and all grains except for brown rice ( occasionally). Feeling far better without them. My diet is relatively clean for past 6 months.

Medications/Treatment that I've tried:

Nystatin - 3 weeks (Candida)
      Diflucan One Tab - Useless
      Nystatin (doesnt work for me now)
      Canestan (allergic to)
      Amytriptyline - 10 yrs (used only for flare ups).
      Panadol for flare ups
      Urals (for flare ups)
      Synflex - (Now allergic to NSAIDS - asthma symptoms).
      Codeine (when desperate)
      Numerous anti biotics done to death

Experimenting with:

Hydrogen peroxide douches and contemplating instills with H2O2 after having recent success with H2O2 therapy and BV.

Comment

There is or was, a site for Interstitial Cystitis in Australia. You might Google for it. I use rescue instillations. It is a "bladder wash" that is instilled with a catheter. There are numerous recipes for the instillation. The most common ones are lidocaine/ heparin instillations.

A link to Dr. Dell's web site is in my signature. There are numerous articles that you can read.
        TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
        My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
        Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
        I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
        Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
        Louann

Comment

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Instills

Originally posted by L. Thomas View Post
          There is or was, a site for Interstitial Cystitis in Australia. You might Google for it. I use rescue instillations. It is a "bladder wash" that is instilled with a catheter. There are numerous recipes for the instillation. The most common ones are lidocaine/ heparin instillations.

A link to Dr. Dell's web site is in my signature. There are numerous articles about Testogen that you can read.
          Is this safe Louann?
          Last edited by Harnie; 03-02-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide Instills

I don't know anything about the intstill with Hydrogen peroxide. I would check with my MD about that one.

The rescue instillations I use, lidocaine/heparin are standard procedure now for most Md who are interested in treatment of IC. I have used the lidocaine/heparin instills to control my IC for over 10 years with no problems.
            TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
            My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
            Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
            I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
            Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
            Louann

Comment

Working...
            X