Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need catheter help for rescue install

Hi All,
    I had my first rescue installation at my doctors office last week. It really helps my bladder, but it super irritated my urethra so much so that I couldn't even sit comfortably for three days. After looking online here, I think the problem is that my doctor used a catheter that was too large. I'm interested in using a lo Fric 8 fr catheter. For those of you who do installations with lo Fric catheters, do you need an adapter or something at the end of it which connects to the syringe with the medication or do u just need the catheter that will connect to the syringe? My doctor said he would be willing to use a smaller catheter, if I brought one in, but I'm just not sure I know exactly what I need to make sure that he can get the medicine into the lofric catheter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie

Re: Need catheter help for rescue install

I use an 8x15 fr pediatric feeding tube. This isn't a low fric catheter. I order them from a local durable supplies provider. The last time I ordered they were $4 each. Dr. Dell approves using the catheter 4 times. This feeding tube connects directly to a luer-lock syringe. I use a 30cc syringe. The total volumn is 9cc.
    TREATMENT: PRN lidocaine/heparin Home Instillations since 2004
    My Helpful Hints for Home Instillation: http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...985#post309985

Institute of Female Pelvic Medicine (J. Dell, My MD) http://www.mypelvicmedicine.com/index.asp
    Thank you for allowing me to share my experiences and offer support. Your physician is the only one to give you medical advice. I hope sharing the information from this site will help you and your physician develop successful management of your IC.
    I post to encourage and offer total support for rescue instillations.
    Find me on facebook: L. Clark Thomas
    Louann

Comment

Working...
    X