Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron

Hi ladies I would like to know if you guys have tried any Iron Supplements. Any information you can provide fo me would be wonderfull.
    Blessings,
    Ruth

I've been taking an OTC iron supplement for a few months. Now, I'm not really sure if you're talking about the iron supplement that you get over the counter, or the one that the doctor prescribes to you for anemia, so I'm just gonna assume it's the OTC kind.

Back in December, I tried to donate blood, but they wouldn't take it 'cuz the finger-poking test said my iron levels were too low. I was kinda upset that I had to wait all that time for nothing, but I understand that it's procedure. I got a lot of free food and bottled water anyway

Anyway, I told my mother, and we decided to drop by the Vitamin Shoppe and scope out the iron supplements. I wasn't really worried about anemia or anything, but I love the Vitamin Shoppe, so I decided to look around. The iron supplements were really cheap, maybe $5 bucks for a big bottle, so I decided to buy some. I've been taking the supplement ever since.

I really don't think it had any effect on my bladder, good or bad. The only "side effect" I experienced was that, if I burped after I took it, I got the taste of metal in my mouth

Anyway, good luck with the iron supplement. If you can get to a nearby Vitamin Shoppe, they carry several brands of it.

Chronic conditions: IC, bipolar disorder, Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome, Raynaud's disease, bile reflux, scoliosis
    Current IC treatments: menstrual suppression
    Daily treatments for other conditions: Neurontin, Zyprexa, Cymbalta, Modafinil
    As-needed treatments for other conditions: Klonopin, Ambien

Comment

Iron

That is why I dont like taking Iron cuz you burp it up all day long. I wonder if I take it with food it will make a diffrence!
      Blessings,
      Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X