Desert Harvest Aloe causing pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Harvest Aloe causing pain

Has anyone ever taken Desert Harvest Aloe and gotten stomach pain with it. Like cramping pain.

I just started it about a week ago and last night I really started hurting, since the Aloe is the only thing different, I am thinking it is causing my pain.

TIA
    Jennifer
    Jennifer

Current Conditions

Endometriosis Feb 02
    Depression May 05
    Interstitial Cystitis Nov 06
    Fibromyalgia May 07
    Suspected IBS

Current Meds.
    Elmiron, Cymbalta, Prelief, Probiotic Daily
    Urelle and Tramadol as needed for pain

http://www.myspace.com/all4my2febboys

It gave me frequency!

Comment

it gave me a big flair, burning increase and frequency bladder stomach aces
      I can't touch it.

Comment

Just tried this and I went into a flare. It was the first one in months! One dose convinced me that I don't want anymore. I was looking for an alternative to Elmiron as my hair is falling out. -Vicki
        Blessings and Hope

Current Meds.
        OFF MY MEDS
        Vivelle Dot: .10 changed every 72 hours
        Compoounded Progesterone 25mg/night

Current Supplements
        Hydroeye: 2 pills AM

Diagnosed
        1995: Endometriosis
        1998: Interstitial Cystitis
        2006: Bladder Endometriosis, Total Hysterectomy and Bowel Re-Section
        2008: Removal of Ovarian Remnant and Endometrial Cyst That was Obstructing Ureter
        2012: Laparoscopic Removal of Adhesions and Staples

Comment

I haven't tolerated aloe if any form. I do take glucosamine 750 mg 3x a day and quicertin but I only tolerate one brand of each pm me if you want to know. After 2 months I no longer have night time frequency and am able to tolerate more foods. I am working twards my 3rd month and I can't wait to erase my frequency symptom from my signiture

Comment

HI! I have to jump in here......I've used Freeze dried Aloe Vera for 3 yrs now and it works great for me. I've never had any problems with it......I think it's just one of those IC things......where it works for some. The Desert Harvest brand is stronger than what you can get at health food stores.....so you might be over doing it if you are taking more than one pill a day to start with. I take 1 pill 3 times a day and doing great with it. Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
            Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
            Dx'd Hypothyroid
            Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
            June 2007
            Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
            First Cysto 1979
            First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
            Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
            Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
            Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
            Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
            Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
            Bladder surgery 2000
            Dx'd: IBS 2000
            Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
            Laminectomy 1989
            Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
            I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Yes, I am doing well with Desert Harvest Aloe also. Roxie's right -- these things are very individual. Trust your gut (in this case, literally, LOL).
              Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
              Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

The aloe helps me too and I get worse when I ran out and had to wait a few weeks to order!!

I did however order the free sample of 5 before ordering my 4 bottles etc.!

We are all just very different!
                Shelly Matthewson
                Private Researcher
                IC Support Group Leader
                Director of MOARK Interstitial Cystitis
                www.moarkic.com

Also diagnosed with Meduallary Sponge Kidney Disease, with many kidney stones and chronic infection, Pelvic Congestion Syndrome, and
                PFD

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

In His hands even IC (MSK, PCS etc.) can be a blessing and an opportunity to serve Him by help others. It is my heart to help others and to network patients and medical practitioners in Missouri and Arkansas!!

Comment

Working...
                X